DIY BH77 Install Journey

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Very nice! Have you tried disconnecting yet? My dolly currently has about 7/8" of clearance between the dolly & BH bottom; I'm still using the BH almost daily so I haven't gotten 'round to disconnecting it. I'm wondering how the clearance I currently have will work when disconnecting; I'm prepared to add one more board to reduce it to about 1/8" if necessary. Your clearance looks like 1/4" or so so if you have any advice on clearance for best usage post same! (y)

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Very nice! Have you tried disconnecting yet? My dolly currently has about 7/8" of clearance between the dolly & BH bottom; I'm still using the BH almost daily so I haven't gotten 'round to disconnecting it. I'm wondering how the clearance I currently have will work when disconnecting; I'm prepared to add one more board to reduce it to about 1/8" if necessary. Your clearance looks like 1/4" or so so if you have any advice on clearance for best usage post same! (y)
Thank you! My floor is a little uneven so I've got 1/4" of clearance on one side and no clearance on the other (had to snug it in there). I'm going to try disconnecting later tonight or tomorrow to see how it goes. I've read that the closer you are, the easier it is to get leverage to disengage the bottom pins but I don't know how close is too close 😂

I will definitely share results once I do my first trial!

Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Did the trial, holy crap was it easy to take the BH77 off - had a buddy over and I got the BH77 off in about 90 seconds while holding my beer. Do what you plan on doing and add material to give yourself as little wiggle room as possible.

It took almost no effort to disengage and re-engage the pins.

PXL_20230513_232003761.jpg

PXL_20230513_232033528.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
What the hell? All that you went through to get it on and it’s already coming off? 😂😂😂 Did I miss the digging pics? 😜
Only took it off for internet points, it was pinned back on 30 seconds later 😉

No digging yet either, that'll start next week after tree work commences 😁 it's been raining here on and off since the BH went on lol

• Haha

joconnor

Equipment
lx2610 la535 LX2963 bh77 curtis cab
Dec 3, 2023
Kenai, AK
Thanks Dan, you are right!

I looked at the manual for the LA535 and the bastards listed the nuance for BH77/3rd function kit in there and not in the BH77 manual. Apparently I need a different inlet pipe assembly that doesn't connect to the power beyond but instead connects to the 3rd function to 3pt hose.

View attachment 100781 View attachment 100783

So long story short, the BH77 outlet pipe fits to the 3pt on the trans, the BH77 inlet pipe needs to be scrapped and a new BH77 to 3rd function pipe (they call it a "power beyond pipe" in the manual) needs to be ordered to allow the 3rd function to remain hooked up to the power beyond.

Am I thinking about this correctly? I'll post the part number here if anyone is interested.
Thanks for posting this. I have this exact problem.

joconnor

Equipment
lx2610 la535 LX2963 bh77 curtis cab
Dec 3, 2023
Kenai, AK
The 3rd function kit with the BH.
The dealer installed the Land Pride kit instead of the Kubota, so there may be some more parts I need. Anyway, thanks for putting all of this up here as it has been helpful.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The 3rd function kit with the BH.
The dealer installed the Land Pride kit instead of the Kubota, so there may be some more parts I need. Anyway, thanks for putting all of this up here as it has been helpful.
All you need remember is the backhoe must be the last valve in the power beyond daisey chain. That can usually be plumbed with a couple ordinary hoses. What model tractor is this going on?

Dan

Countryboy5728

Equipment
B2650HSDC, LA534, BH77
Feb 19, 2024
NJ
As some of you may know, I've recently acquired a BH77 and due to lack of trailer, looking for a "fun project", and being generally dealer averse I've decided to do my own install. I'm mechanically inclined but have limited hydraulics know how.

I've gotten to the point where I've followed the BH4962 instructions for the B2650 on relocating my toolbox, removing the rear toolbox/hazard light brace, and relocating the hazard lights. I've also pre-installed my parker 3/8" connectors on one of the hard lines and the flexible hose that "closes the loop" to the power beyond when the BH77 is disconnected.

I'm not at all concerned about the installation of the subframe itself, but I am a little apprehensive to install the two hydraulic lines as my lines to the power beyond do not appear to be set up consistent with the BH77 manual. I do have a Kubota third function as well as kubota rear remotes installed, so I am assuming that either of these things have changed the layout of my hydraulic lines to the power beyond.

Here is my issue:
View attachment 100738

That hydraulic line is supposed to connect from the power beyond to what appears to be the rear axle/differential assembly. The area I've circled in red is where one of my BH77 hard lines are supposed to be installed along with the hose that "closes the loop". Unfortunately, the existing hard line on the tractor does not mount to the power beyond at all, it mounts to a hose that is leading towards the front of the tractor (I'm assuming for the loader or third function). If I do install the BH77 hydraulic lines, I am not sure where to connect the remaining hose to.

These are the two lines I need to install:

View attachment 100739

Nowhere in this diagram do they provide insight on how to install if you have a third function or rear remotes which appears to have changed my layout a bit. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. I can take some better photos over the weekend after I pick up the BH77 and take the loaded tire off and put a jackstand under the right axle.

Here's where I am so far with the install/prep:

View attachment 100740
So I have a similar situation that you had here with the hydraulics, with a couple of caveats. My machine is a B265HSDC with the front loader and the BH77 and subframe installed. I installed the subframe and hydraulics for the BH77 several years ago. I purchased two additional hydraulic kits (Both Kubota OEM) one for a front 3rd function (B7302A) that mounts on the loader and the other for a rear remote (B7316 & B7304 Valve section)
So what I have been wondering about is if I will be able to connect the 3rd function AND the rear remote to the hydraulic system and have all three? BH77, rear remote and the 3rd function. I know you said you got it figured out, so I dying to know how you made it work?
Thanks, John