BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

sk123

Equipment
Kubota B3200 FEL w/ B2782A snowblower
Apr 11, 2013
Estevan
Well if you were looking for ideas that's a good start :D Winter is a great time for that sort of thing. I'll post photo's when done.

I am going to sandblast the side panels to metal, primer it and have somebody to do the airbrush because I've never done it before. Engine sounds a good plan for me.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I am going to sandblast the side panels to metal, primer it and have somebody to do the airbrush because I've never done it before. Engine sounds a good plan for me.
Not telling you what to do or anything but another option would be to get it digitally wrapped. It will look as good or better than the air brush (depending on the artist) and at a fraction of the cost. Just a thought ;)

sk123

Equipment
Apr 11, 2013
Estevan
Not telling you what to do or anything but another option would be to get it digitally wrapped. It will look as good or better than the air brush (depending on the artist) and at a fraction of the cost. Just a thought ;)

K, I am kind of old school and personally like airbrush a lot. I have a full set of tools but never tried.

Wildfire

Equipment
K, I am kind of old school and personally like airbrush a lot. I have a full set of tools but never tried.

Hey I can understand that and actually encourage it. Im the same way. The more you use those tools the better you get used to working with them then the better the work you can do. Its win win in my mind ;)

dhanames

Equipment
2012 BX25
Oct 5, 2012
Torbay, Newfoundland, Canada
I did mention your name to Todd at the Home Show and told him about some of the mods you had been posting.

Went with a 54 inch deep mower and installed it last night. Now I just need to tune it. No grass to cut yet but it won't be too long before it starts to green up.

Wildfire

Equipment
I did mention your name to Todd at the Home Show and told him about some of the mods you had been posting.

Went with a 54 inch deep mower and installed it last night. Now I just need to tune it. No grass to cut yet but it won't be too long before it starts to green up.
Cool. I'll show you mine IF you show me yours :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know today I was cleaning up the fence line, below the barn, and all day I kept wishing I knew some one that had a chipper that didn't live 1500 miles away :rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Ya know today I was cleaning up the fence line, below the barn, and all day I kept wishing I knew some one that had a chipper that didn't live 1500 miles away :rolleyes:

You can rent one all day every day! Some Home Depots around here have a 6inch tow behind chipper to rent, pretty reasonably priced.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Some Home Depots around here have a 6inch tow behind chipper to rent, pretty reasonably priced.
Funny you should say this. I wen by a local Home Depot today and guess what I seen?.......A brand new BX25D with that hasn't seen any dirt yet. To rent it for 4 hrs was $250 or so and it had that fancy new style of seat ($800.00) I want. Do you think they will mind If I trade them my seat for theirs?????? ;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I just read about that from gpreuss in another post. He said they have some up in his neck of the woods in Washington. I don't know if the Richmond market will do the same here in my area or not. Right around the corner from me is a Home Depot and directly across the street from them is a much larger rental store. I know they have two different size Kubota's they rent out.

Hard to say how that one will go. For me I'm not a huge fan of Home Depot. I hit up Lowes alot. And if I rent something I prefer it to come from a place that has their own in house service techs and do a better job keeping up with service and repairs of equipment.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Funny this should come up,, I had to bite the billet and spring for new mower blades,,, my wallet is still sore,,,, anyway they rent a couple of machines at the bouta store too,,, And I was kind of told in a back handed way that if one was to say rent one for Saturday, and they dropped it of in the morning they wouldn't come back for it till Monday some time,,,,
there by giving you 2 days for the price of one,,, that is if I understood him right;)

Wildfire

Equipment
Funny this should come up,, I had to bite the billet and spring for new mower blades,,, my wallet is still sore,,,, anyway they rent a couple of machines at the bouta store too,,, And I was kind of told in a back handed way that if one was to say rent one for Saturday, and they dropped it of in the morning they wouldn't come back for it till Monday some time,,,,
there by giving you 2 days for the price of one,,, that is if I understood him right;)
Its the same way here when it comes to rentals. Two days for one if rented Saturday morning but the problem with that is the item you want to rent is usually out. :mad:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
anyway they rent a couple of machines at the bouta store too,,, And I was kind of told in a back handed way that if one was to say rent one for Saturday, and they dropped it of in the morning they wouldn't come back for it till Monday some time,,,,
That is pretty much the way it is in my neck of the woods for anything from a Bobcat to a vinyl roller.

Wildfire

Equipment
That is pretty much the way it is in my neck of the woods for anything from a Bobcat to a vinyl roller.
About the only thing I rent is a stump grinder. Might make one this winter when it slows down. I like the convenience of having it around when it's needed.

sk123

Equipment
Apr 11, 2013
Estevan
Wildfire. I was trying to clean the engine bay of my Kubota B3200 yesterday.
First, I picked up an air blow gun to blow off the dust on the engine components. My air compressor was at 100-120psi. While I was doing that, I notice a few chunks of paints were blown off the alternator. I was like what's the hell...I did let the air blow gun nose sit close to (actually some point - against) the engine component surfaces. Am I doing something wrong or is it a poor paint job on engine?