BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Very excellent !!! I love the saw and axe holder. If they were for sale I'd order it right now. Your projects are inspiring .

Thanks for sharing
I think he would be both VERY RICH (money wise) and way to busy to enjoy it :(

I know I would be at his sales counter as well and broke :D

Last edited:

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
I would like to borrow that chain saw holder if possible. I would loop a belt through it and wear it around my waist for when my 12 year old daughter starts officially dating (hopefully 15 years from now...) Nothing like having a chain saw at your hip when the new boyfriend shows up. Almost guaranteeing that she WILL be home on time.....

Cheers

Roger

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Wildfire, I don't know how hard that was to design and fab but that is super nice. I can't ever remember how many times I dumped my saw out of my bucket going to the woods. My mind would be in 12 different places and see a limb down or something in the way so here I go pushing off thru the brush. It really sux when you dump your saw, gas and oil in the middle of a briar patch.

Speaking of brush, when are you going to get some dirt on lil killer?

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Very excellent !!! I love the saw and axe holder. If they were for sale I'd order it right now. Your projects are inspiring .

Thanks for sharing
Thank you. When someone says I've inspired them that is the ultimate compliment. :)

I think he would be both VERY RICH (money wise) and way to busy to enjoy it :(

I know I would be at his sales counter as well and broke :D
:D you crack me up lol. Thanks for your kind words. Oh I'm rich enough (non money wise) but I just can't get the busy part under control. I'll be working on that coming up. Thanks again for you positive posts and comments.

I would like to borrow that chain saw holder if possible. I would loop a belt through it and wear it around my waist for when my 12 year old daughter starts officially dating (hopefully 15 years from now...) Nothing like having a chain saw at your hip when the new boyfriend shows up. Almost guaranteeing that she WILL be home on time.....

Cheers

Roger
Ha. Roger that would get their attention for sure. I actually was going to call it "Quick Draw Mount" first but went with "Stihl Here" lol. Thinking about it now I should have inter grated some belt loops in it. :D

Wildfire, I don't know how hard that was to design and fab but that is super nice. I can't ever remember how many times I dumped my saw out of my bucket going to the woods. My mind would be in 12 different places and see a limb down or something in the way so here I go pushing off thru the brush. It really sux when you dump your saw, gas and oil in the middle of a briar patch.

Speaking of brush, when are you going to get some dirt on lil killer?
From conception to reality it was three days but the shop has been busy so I had to work at my own stuff like this early mornings and very late evenings after work. If I could have had free time I could have cut that time in half for sure.

I like to design in a practical form and for me this mount is in the ideal location. It could easily be adapted to go in various locations. It must be bummer to loose your saw out of the bucket :mad: I put a mount on so I wouldn't trip over it or even run over the thing.

Thanks guys. Glad you like the saw mount. It was the only location I could find where it wasn't stuck out in the open yet still accessible and easy to get at. It will only be in place when the chipper is in use.

One of my best friends who lives in Sarnia, Ontario was vacationing in Florida a few weeks ago and had this license plate made for me as a gift. Isn't it great to have a friend that lives thousands of miles away yet while on vacation thinks about doing something like that for me? True friend and have always been that way.

Well today I'll be doing the last mod. It's really not even a mod but more like adding a Kubota accessory. I'll post photos of it then and I'll be posting some night shots of the lights then that will be it for me and my posting on the subject of our Kubota BX25D. Anything else I post on the machine will be in video only.

This Saturday the hoe comes off and the chipper goes on and it will be going out back doing what it was intended to do. Thanks for all the responses everyone. Glad you enjoyed it all. :cool:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
:D you crack me up lol. Thanks for your kind words. Oh I'm rich enough (non money wise) but I just can't get the busy part under control. I'll be working on that coming up. Thanks again for you positive posts and comments.
You can't hide money, your wife bought you that tractor as a birthday gift.

Wildfire

Equipment
You can't hide money, your wife bought you that tractor as a birthday gift.
Yes sir. You are absolutely correct but that had more to do with love than money. I measure my wealth by my wife and two sons. They have given me far more than could ever be measured in dollar value.

Wildfire

Equipment
This morning I installed the LED Kubota lights. These are the latest offering Kubota has for the BX series tractors. The part number for the kit is #BX7346. I really like the quality. They are all aluminum and steel. No plastic other than the switches and the switches are weather proof. They are also plug'en play. They are powered up when the head lights are on but each light can be turned off individually with each of their switches.
The photo's should be self explanatory with one exception. In photo #6 I used some aluminum stick on's to keep the wiring harness in place. The black tie raps weren't that great an idea under the fender because there was no place to attach them to.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK Paul ,, I like the saw holder,, and I would like to see how its hooked up on the underside. I was under lil orange and perhaps you have some extra places to hook up to because of the BH. So if you might post a pic from the underside please.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I don't believe the position of the lights is a good choice. For making light, yes of course. But when you jump on and off the seat, they are very close to be stressed many times... :(

The aluminium cable holders looks good!!

carl

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Good grief MORE ad ons?!?! Sheese I'd hate to see the weight of the tractor now with all the gizmos and gadgets you have on there. Might need to upgrade the tires on the tractor to hold all that extra weight.

Wildfire

Equipment
OK Paul ,, I like the saw holder,, and I would like to see how its hooked up on the underside. I was under lil orange and perhaps you have some extra places to hook up to because of the BH. So if you might post a pic from the underside please.

Well OK but only because of who you are :D

Wildfire

Equipment
I don't believe the position of the lights is a good choice. For making light, yes of course. But when you jump on and off the seat, they are very close to be stressed many times... :(

The aluminium cable holders looks good!!

carl

Ive been on and off the tractor today and it haven't been a problem for me or the lights but time will tell ;)

Good grief MORE ad ons?!?! Sheese I'd hate to see the weight of the tractor now with all the gizmos and gadgets you have on there. Might need to upgrade the tires on the tractor to hold all that extra weight.
Eric my friend, I've come to the conclusion that with you the glass is always half empty. With me it's always half full. :p
I've spent years working on fast cars and the one thing you always have to be conscious of is weight. Well this just the very thing I like about tractors. No weight limitations.

So I guess I can come to the conclusion that you like nothing about my mods or machine. That's the other thing I like about modding. I build it for MY likes and needs.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oh no no no its not that I don't like the work you do. Those are all very unique mods that you and only you have. Which the rest of us are envious of. I follow your mods with a creative mind and try to figure out what you may come up with next. And just when I think your at then end of the mods and happy here comes some more.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,, thanks Paul,, I looked for I bet the better part of 15 minuets and that never dawned on me,, dayum your good,,lol

Wildfire

Equipment
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,, thanks Paul,, I looked for I bet the better part of 15 minuets and that never dawned on me,, dayum your good,,lol
Glad you asked the question actually because I used to post almost each step of each mod but realized early on in this thread that most members weren't so much interested in how they were done but how the finished product looked so I skipped a Hugh portion of the process.
I thought by posting each step members woud ask more question and we'd all learn from it. That's basically the reason I've ever posted my work here and over on TBN.
I'm designing a custom step for the little BX now but won't post it because I don't think Eric could handle it :eek:

Oh no no no its not that I don't like the work you do. Those are all very unique mods that you and only you have. Which the rest of us are envious of. I follow your mods with a creative mind and try to figure out what you may come up with next. And just when I think your at then end of the mods and happy here comes some more.
Na. Don't believe you. Nope. With 14 pages and 4500 views I challenge you to find one mod where you stated you liked what I've done. I just went back through them and didn't see any :rolleyes:

As I stated in Post #64. When I'm done with this thread I'm completely done. My only intention was to show others how, why and what it takes to do these things.
I think I've accomplished what I set out to do. One more post and I'm done.

DickSnyder

Equipment
L185DT,L1200 FEL, Rear blade,Woods RCC42
Jul 29, 2011
Mt. Hood Parkdale, Oregon
Wildfire, like I said earlier in this post, I like everything I've seen you do and you've inspired me to consider working on the ol L185DT. Call me different, I like to see how you get to the finished mod. Still think we need to get you on the Kubota design team, think you would make a great addition to their team. :D As an engineer, albeit for the phone company, you are AMAZING. You can share any/all mods with me any time you'd like!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p and thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

Dick

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welllll Buddy, it seems that you got some stuff under lil killer I aint got under mine,, It's like I thought when I looked at the pic,, but I went a checked again just to make sure, and I am assuming that the plate you bolted to is part of the sub frame for the BH,,,, And mine doesn't have that plate,, sooo now that I have an idea of how you did it,, Im gona have to come up with a stand off that will miss the linkage and from there use what you did,,, Thanks for makin me think about things,,, though sometimes it makes my head hurt,,,lol

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Paul, I for one enjoy seeing your mods and the step by step is helpfull to a less creative mind. I still say you would be the coolest neighbor.

My question is about the new lights you added. Why did you deside to use the kit instead of making your own? From everything else you have done I know yours would have looked like a factory addon and the quality would have been far better.

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire, like I said earlier in this post, I like everything I've seen you do and you've inspired me to consider working on the ol L185DT. Call me different, I like to see how you get to the finished mod. Still think we need to get you on the Kubota design team, think you would make a great addition to their team. :D As an engineer, albeit for the phone company, you are AMAZING. You can share any/all mods with me any time you'd like!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p and thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

Dick
Thanks Dick. That means a lot. I used to really enjoy showing this stuff but after awhile when folks don't make an attempt to post something, anything you kind of get the feeling your talking to ones self but it's guys like you that get me refueled and wanting to get it going. Not just because of the nice comments but just knowing someone is even looking at this stuff. Thanks!

Welllll Buddy, it seems that you got some stuff under lil killer I aint got under mine,, It's like I thought when I looked at the pic,, but I went a checked again just to make sure, and I am assuming that the plate you bolted to is part of the sub frame for the BH,,,, And mine doesn't have that plate,, sooo now that I have an idea of how you did it,, Im gona have to come up with a stand off that will miss the linkage and from there use what you did,,, Thanks for makin me think about things,,, though sometimes it makes my head hurt,,,lol
Well there you go. Perfect. Got you on the move . Do you want more detailed photo's of the underside of the little tractor?

Paul, I for one enjoy seeing your mods and the step by step is helpfull to a less creative mind. I still say you would be the coolest neighbor.

My question is about the new lights you added. Why did you deside to use the kit instead of making your own? From everything else you have done I know yours would have looked like a factory addon and the quality would have been far better.
Thank you my friend. I appreciate that and the vote of confidence. Actually I like the Bota light kit but things got a little missed up on them. When my wifey bought me the tractor on Jan.1 she ordered it with all the available options. The tool kit, the thumb, the parts and service manual, the fender lights and the QC bucket.
Seeing the tractor was going to stay on the show room floor for the winter the options slowly started to arrive. Everything except the fender lights.

Now fast forward to yesterday. I had designed and fabricated the ditch lights and everything else and I considered the tractor finished until our phone rang and my friends at the Kubota dealership said "Those lights just arrived, Do you still want them"? Wifey said yes and send them out to us.
After all, we did ask them to get them so we didn't want to say no but I really like them and happy to have them on the machine.
In reality this machine will most likely never see night time. Why would I need to be out in the dark in it? Why did I add the lights? I just love a challenge I guess

Last edited:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho

In reality this machine will most likely never see night time. Why would I need to be out in the dark in it? Why did I add the lights? I just love a challenge I guess
Well mine has and will see the night often. and I was kinda hoping you were gonna add more lights on yours :D I have noticed that thanks only to doing things over and over do I feel comfortable finding things in the dark. You know like leavers and switches and such. I have often said (you know the talking to myself kind of thing) that there should be some low leavel amount of lighting pointed down from somewhere like the ROPS. Not to give you any ideas or extra work or anything like that hint hint wink wink.

Need less lights on a tractor said no tractor operator ever :D