BX Snow Cab

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Reamer,
That's great!
You might want to start a new thread on your build. And, don't forget to include pictures.:D
Regards

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
What an exquisite job you've done on your cab, PING!! You can now burn all your coveralls, carharts, parkas, wool socks, & long johns!! Congratulations!

PS: I'd even suggest leaving the long sleeved shirts in the closet, too!:D

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Burn Carhart's????? Isn't that sacrilege???

Thanks. My cab ain't no Orange snow-pushin' Pope Mobile but, I'm happy with how it turned out.

I did get some seat time with the heater the other week clearing off several inches of Slurpy that got dropped on us. Sure was nice to be in shirt sleeves and no cold feet for once. If it gets any hotter in there, I may have to don a swimsuit but, nobody wants to see that picture!:D
Regards,

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Burn Carhart's????? Isn't that sacrilege???

Thanks. My cab ain't no Orange snow-pushin' Pope Mobile but, I'm happy with how it turned out.

I did get some seat time with the heater the other week clearing off several inches of Slurpy that got dropped on us. Sure was nice to be in shirt sleeves and no cold feet for once. If it gets any hotter in there, I may have to don a swimsuit but, nobody wants to see that picture!:D
Regards,
Now THAT'S FUNNY! Everybody likes pics, I hear. So I'll start. Here's a pic of me in my swimsuit (not a speedo though) while blowing snow in -20 degrees F

IMG_2416.JPG

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow - you guys have all done great cab jobs. There's a couple others here on OTT as well. I recall chim was corresponding with others during his project.

Chim - I'm sure you remember who those guys were.

Unfortunately, a forum search for "cab" may not work, as its too few characters/letters....

Moderator Coachgeo - could you capture their collective project's links into a "Sticky" in the Fabrication section....??

These are all great resources for guys trying a similar project in the future.

Reamer - you've got to figure out the photo thing!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
RCW, here are a couple links to my build. There are a lot of people who helped me along the way but Roy Gage had the most influence.

The thread on Orangetractortalks was an after-the-fact recounting of it. There was perhaps more detail over on TBN because the posts were made as the work was being done. There was a lot of good input as it progressed.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12883&highlight=build+l3200

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/263920-diy-cab-finally-decided-time.html

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Reamer,
If you use the "Search" tab near the top of the screen type in "posting photos" in the search field. About 2/3 of the way down the page will be a thread "posting photos" by captmikem. The second post of that thread wills splain how to post pictures.
I'm social media challenged, no Facechat or Tweader, and using those instructions, was able to figure out how to post. I would have attached a link to this for you, but haven't gotten far yet. Hoping one of the more technologically savvy members will come to my rescue.:D
Regards,

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Hinges off the back. Now THAT's clever. With a small 4-wheel cart the right height to flop the cab back onto, you'd have an ideal setup.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Reamer,
looking good!

Chim,
Credit Tinkerwitheverything for the pivot off the back idea. I liked it so i borrowed it for mine. That's how I was able to install and remove my cab by myself during construction. 4 wheel cart at the appropriate height. Sorry I don't have a pic but, attached is a rendering I made so I knew everything would fit before I started cutting 2x's.

Attachments

reamer

Equipment
B2400, BX1500
Jun 6, 2018
Ashford CT
Thanks Guys

Making a cab and putting hinges on the back is all Pings fault/idea:)
Got the door frames welded up and hung with "lift off" hinges.
Rear window will be able to be completely removed, and the front will be fixed..
Gonna do heat and wiper.
Ping, does your wiper go through the bar stock, or only the sheet metal?
Thanks!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
RCW, here are a couple links to my build. There are a lot of people who helped me along the way but Roy Gage had the most influence.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12883&highlight=build+l3200

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/263920-diy-cab-finally-decided-time.html
Holy smokes, chim.... I remember when you posted that thread, and used shop at work, etc....you did a great job on it.

5 + years ago?!?!:eek: I would have guessed 2...geez time flies! :)

Reamer - your project is coming along great. Thanks for the pics!

Last edited:

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Going Topless

Well, at least the tractor is now. I pulled the cab off and thought I'd share my experience with those following my build.
The Good: Everything disconnected as planned; water, electric to panel and hazard lights. Foam and LDPE filler strips also were removed without incident. Both doors and rear window also were removed without so much as a curse word being uttered!
The Senior Moment: Since the last snow fall, I've been modifying my rear blade to use with my Rural King quick hitch. So, when I rolled the cart up to the back of the tractor to pull the cab.....oops! Somebody forgot about the quick hitch so, instead of modifying the cart, I pulled the quick hitch and was back in business.
The Best of Plans: Originally, I planned to install and remove the cab by myself. During the build phase this was never a problem, until now. During the final assembly after paint, I installed the roof after the frame was on the tractor. Fully assembled, it was just too awkward to pivot back by myself. This really became a 2 person job as the fan and ROPS needed to be pivoted out of the way as the cab rolled back too.
All in all, not too bad for the first time and considering I've got another year to figure out an easier way, not a total failure.
Hopefully, any future builders will read this and address those deficiencies in their design.
As usual, pictures below, comments welcome.
Regards

Attachments