BX front snowblower price

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
That is one slick looking mod. Why can't the manufacturers come up with something like this?

timbrehse

Equipment
Working Fun
Nov 22, 2014
Garrison,NY
That is one slick looking mod. Why can't the manufacturers come up with something like this?
Well actually... they have. Just their vs. costs near $1k !!!!
I've seen them (pics below) mounted vertically as well w/ a small gear driving the chute sprocket (Kubota Gear pt# 70060-00698 about $40.).
I just need a definitive answer on the required specs. for the motor.

Attachments

Last edited:

Toyboy

Equipment
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
I've seen them (pics below) mounted vertically as well w/ a small gear driving the chute sprocket (Kubota Gear pt# 70060-00698 about $40.).
Actually, I like the design of other one a lot better than this one.

timbrehse

Equipment
Working Fun
Nov 22, 2014
Garrison,NY
Actually, I like the design of other one a lot better than this one.
This one (vertical mount) is the config. the factory uses - direct gear driven.
Difference is (on the 5455 as shown in 1st pic) it's mounted on the left side of the chute. And it has a cover to keep it clear of snow & ice buildup. I see different advantages to both. A horizontal mount requires fab-ing a motor mount/bracket and employing a LoveJoy coupler to mate up w/the worm gear. (pic #2) It seems to reason this setup would allow the use of a smaller (cheaper) motor that spins at a higher rpm. I believe the 5450 is already config'd for the vertical vs. By removing the worm gear & it's mounts, and sourcing the correct sized motor, w/Kubota Gear pt# 70060-00698, it's a simple bolt-on installation.(pic#3).

Either way there are a dozen or so hydraulic motor candidates on eBay -
I JUST NEED THE SPECS. OR A PT# !!!!! PLEASE ...ANYBODY???

Attachments

Amf232

Equipment
Bx1870
Jul 13, 2016
Massachusetts
This one (vertical mount) is the config. the factory uses - direct gear driven.
Difference is (on the 5455 as shown in 1st pic) it's mounted on the left side of the chute. And it has a cover to keep it clear of snow & ice buildup. I see different advantages to both. A horizontal mount requires fab-ing a motor mount/bracket and employing a LoveJoy coupler to mate up w/the worm gear. (pic #2) It seems to reason this setup would allow the use of a smaller (cheaper) motor that spins at a higher rpm. I believe the 5450 is already config'd for the vertical vs. By removing the worm gear & it's mounts, and sourcing the correct sized motor, w/Kubota Gear pt# 70060-00698, it's a simple bolt-on installation.(pic#3).

Either way there are a dozen or so hydraulic motor candidates on eBay -
I JUST NEED THE SPECS. OR A PT# !!!!! PLEASE ...ANYBODY???
Better late than never?

Attachments

Akozman

Nov 28, 2016
Minnesota
So I did this mod to my bx5450 by using a Char-Lynn 129-0510-002 hydraulic motor. I have it plummed to the loader 4 way valve using the ports for tipping the bucket. But, the hydraulic motor only turns in one direction not the other. When I try the other you can hear the engine drop slightly as it's attempting to rotate the hydraulic motor. So then I switched the ports to see if the hydraulic motor is even capable of turning the other direction and it does, but does not rotate the opposite way.

So it only rotates one direction no matter which way I plum it.
I used all new hoses and fittings that I had made today

Any ideas out there? Could the hydraulic motor be bad, it is used from eBay, it looks like it's in good shape but that doesn't say what the internals look like.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
When you move the control lever to the right did you stop at the detent or go all the way to the stop. At the detent position the the hydraulic motor will not move you have to push the lever hard right to the stop position.

The valve is designed to use with the fel and gives you slow and fast dump for the bucket. It only puts pressure on the bucket cylinder in the hard dump position and therefore only drives a hydraulic motor in the hard dump position.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
good luck to all of the snow blower owners. After reading all these pages, and having used several snow blower,etc I still am sitting here with bucket on front and rear blade. No cab. However, on steep driveways and sometimes having to clear lawns, icey packed snow banks, etc , I'll keep my money for more return on what I buy. Have a pleasant winter.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
good luck to all of the snow blower owners. After reading all these pages, and having used several snow blower,etc I still am sitting here with bucket on front and rear blade. No cab. However, on steep driveways and sometimes having to clear lawns, icey packed snow banks, etc , I'll keep my money for more return on what I buy. Have a pleasant winter.
You need to use the right tool for the job. There are locations where a fel and rear blade are the best choice for snow removal just like a blower works best for other locations. An ATV and front blade may even be the best choice for some. I could probably clear my 1/2 mile driveway plus around the house and garage with a fel and rear blade and I might get done before the the next snow comes. :rolleyes: After a month of snow I might be out there full time plowing and digging to make more room for the snow that is still coming. A snowblower really works good here and I have had no problems with mine. It even blows snow going up the 150 yard 9% hill.:cool:

Akozman

Nov 28, 2016
Minnesota
When you move the control lever to the right did you stop at the detent or go all the way to the stop. At the detent position the the hydraulic motor will not move you have to push the lever hard right to the stop position.

The valve is designed to use with the fel and gives you slow and fast dump for the bucket. It only puts pressure on the bucket cylinder in the hard dump position and therefore only drives a hydraulic motor in the hard dump position.
Thank you! On one hand I feel silly for asking but on the other hand so glad I did so I didn't screw around trying to figure this out over such an easy fix...total newby to a tractor, didn't even realize there was a detent in that position, only 12hrs on it and mostly snow blowing, about ready to weld new material on my shoes already. And I agree, snow blower is well worth it for me, my wife can easily hop on the machine and take care of the snow when I'm out of town. I just hated the manual chute control and wasn't willing to drop $1k on it from kubota, I'm $250 into it and happy. Last thing is to see how to slow the chute down, I just installed it tonight.

Toyboy

Equipment
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Bar H Implements in stone lake WI has a used blower but without the quick hitch or drive shaft for under 1k if your interested. (715) 865-6211

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
dont know if i'll ever have enough snow to use the b2650 blower that came with my tractor..

but it hooks up real quick if i do..

if not? still got my snowblade & it works great up to about 6-8"... im guessing anything more than that would be great snowblower playtime! :D

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Question for you guys with the quick hitch mounted for the snowblower..... Preferably the folks witht he B model tractors, but I would assume the BX setup is fairly similar.

Can it be mounted with the front MMM mount on at the same time? Or does the MMM mount need to be removed in order to mount the quick hitch?

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
B7510 here... harness for front mount blower is incompatible with harness for mid-mount mower. Not a big deal to remove the MMM harness - or rather, just the two orange-painted plates that bolt onto the front end of the tractor frame. Still, it would be nice if the two implements were engineered so their mounts are not mutually exclusive.

Same deal for the "tongue" of the blower harness - it interferes with the front end loader, so one has to use great big honkin' tools to get that "tonque" off if one wants to leave the rest of the front mount harness in place while using the FEL.

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
Anyone know what the shaft size on that gear (70060-00698) is? I have an Eaton Hydraulic Motor with a 1" keyed shaft. My original thought was to mount horizontal and try to connect to the worm gear shaft, but this looks cleaner if I can mount vertical with the gear and eliminate the lovejoy and worm screw altogether.

Akozman

Nov 28, 2016
Minnesota
Anyone know what the shaft size on that gear (70060-00698) is? I have an Eaton Hydraulic Motor with a 1" keyed shaft. My original thought was to mount horizontal and try to connect to the worm gear shaft, but this looks cleaner if I can mount vertical with the gear and eliminate the lovejoy and worm screw altogether.
It's 5/8" for sure, 3/16" key IIRC

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
It's 5/8" for sure, 3/16" key IIRC
Thanks....never easy piecing things together, but I'll get there eventually. Luckily I stil have the electric motor rotation. I just want to take advantage of the extra valve on the loader stick to rotate and free up the 12V for a linear actuator for the chute tip. My motor is a bit beefier than needed, was free so I can't complain. Which makes it a bit more difficult to mount and connect to turn the chute, the motor must weigh 10-12lbs!

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Most of us with front blowers have lived the rear blade/front FEL life because it's cheap. I was there for the last 4 years. This year with only 4 storms in I already forgot all about my FEL sitting in the garage and I won't see it again until spring.

Simply no comparison, the blower is so much more efficient it's not even a contest. I still use my rear blade when the snow is 2" or less but for anything over that it's blow time. I should have bought it years ago and it's worth every single penny.