BX front snowblower price

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Trying to prepare myself for another hard winter. My dealer priced me a front snowblower for my BX. I need everything; quickhitch, pto shaft, snowblower. The manual version uninstalled about $3500, +$900 for electric chute & rotater, +$200 install either version. More for hydrolic. Seems high to me?:(

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
It seems that everything for these tractors costs a small fortune. :eek: I don't know about your neck of the woods but around my area I've seen a lot of snowblowers of all sizes and types go up for sale on craigslist. Keep your eyes open and you may save yourself $1000 or more. The problem is, right about now prices will be high. I try to buy toys out of their season, sellers will typically jump on some cash for a snowblower or snowmobile in July. Happy hunting!

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I was just looking into the blower from the dealer also. I have the front QD attachment, but the blower and pto shaft is still about $2,700. I keep asking myself if I really need it, as I have a front 60" snow blade. I think as light as the front end is, pushing may be a real pain, plus if I don't want to get up at midnight to keep the driveway cleared, I can attack it the next day with the blower no problem.............. its still hard to justify $3K, for something to use a few times a year

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
I got mine last year, we had a hard winter. people around here weren't ready for a winter like that, so i just about paid for it doing other drives. They are calling for the same this year, if not more

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
So which kind do people have? Is the manual crank good enough? I read some where the electric is not sealed good and doesn't last? Hate to pay extra for junk!

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Iirc, I paid $1500 for mine used with the quick mount, shaft and manual chute. I made my own electric chute rotator with a chevy lumina power window motor, two way switch, wiring and some fabrication. Cost me about $50 total.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
So is there a recommendation on the elect chute rotator VS the Hydraulic rotator? is the manual one that much of a pain?

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
I've got the manual chute on mine and don't find it a problem.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
does that $3,100 include the quick mount kit, or do you already have it?

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Bearskinner, the snow blower is only like $2k-BX2750D

I called another local dealer and everything is $3300 plus tax. He wants +$375 for installation but I'll install it. Its the quick hitch, pto shaft and blower. I'm opting for the manual chute and rotator. I've read poor reviews on electric version +$800 and more for hydraulic. Trying to keep it simple! With my long lane, up once and back once

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have the BX2750D, and assembled/installed it myself. No sweat.

I bought the electric chute rotator for $300 or $350. Never put it on. Opened the box, closed it back up, and put it on the shelf. I really didn't like the looks of it, even in the box.

Thought I'd trade it for the hydraulic one - until I heard the price of one of those......Holy Shyt!!!:eek:

I used the 'ole fashioned manual thing last year, and didn't have any issues. I had a JD with hydraulic rotator for years. Missed it at first, but got used to it. (It sure did get a workout last winter!!)

If anybody wants an electric rotator, let me know. I will not be using it.

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Manual chute rotator wouldn't work with my cab. So I fabbed up my own electric rotator with a power window motor and proper switch.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho

I called another local dealer and everything is $3300 plus tax. He wants +$375 for installation but I'll install it. Its the quick hitch, pto shaft and blower. I'm opting for the manual chute and rotator. I've read poor reviews on electric version +$800 and more for hydraulic. Trying to keep it simple! With my long lane, up once and back once
From the Kubota online build a tractor pricing, the 2750 is $1977, plus the two piece shaft kit is another $624. ( $2601.) I have the QD mount already. Kubota has discontinued the two current models of snow blowers and the newest offering, which is to become available November 1st is the BX5450. priced at $1999. plus $425, and $178.($2602.) I have emailed Kubota and will go by the dealer again this week and see if they have any more info on what changes if any are on the NEW model. For the same price, I would much rather purchase the upgraded model than get the discontinued model. Has anyone been able to get and specs or info on this yet?

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho

Your right, its gotta be fairly easy to install. I have a pretty long driveway also, then a 2000' private road, so it will be used in one direction for a long time, turn around and back the other way. Ill stick with the manual turn also.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
From the Kubota online build a tractor pricing, the 2750 is $1977, plus the two piece shaft kit is another $624. ( $2601.) I have the QD mount already. Kubota has discontinued the two current models of snow blowers and the newest offering, which is to become available November 1st is the BX5450. priced at $1999. plus $425, and $178.($2602.) I have emailed Kubota and will go by the dealer again this week and see if they have any more info on what changes if any are on the NEW model. For the same price, I would much rather purchase the upgraded model than get the discontinued model. Has anyone been able to get and specs or info on this yet?
Went to the dealer today and talked to one of the owners as the sales rep wasn't in yet. I got the package for $3200 + tax. My understanding is its the 2750. I don't have a problem with it since its a proven snow blower. I don't like the first year of anything new. Also threw in some extra shear pins. Now I just sit and wait :cool:

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
this is my response letter from Kubota cust support about the changed front snowblower.......

The BX5450 is a new product and the information below is all I have to share. Below is some General Information for comparison on the two models:

BX2750 Two Stage Front Snowblower manufactured by RAD Technologies for the BX Series tractors.
The BX2750 Snowblower mounts to the BX tractors using RAD's patented quick hitch system.
The BX2750 Snowblower will require additional attachments to be ordered separately
The BX2750 Snowblower, BX2751 Male Quick Hitch and BX2752 Mid PTO Kit are compatible with the subframe for the LA211 Front Loader (w/o loader bucket and boom).
The BX2750 Snowblower, BX2751 Male Quick Hitch and BX2752 Mid PTO Kit are NOT compatible with the RCK54-22BX or RCK60B22BX Mid Mount Mowers or the optional BX1796 Grill Guard.

BX5450 Front Snowblower manufactured by
RAD Technologies for the BX and B Series tractors.
The BX5450 is 50" wide, has robust anchorage system, and comes standard
with manual chute rotation.
The BX5450 Snowblower mounts to the tractors listed above using RAD's
patented quick hitch system.
The BX5450 Snowblower, male quick hitch and mid PTO kit are compatible
with the front loader subframes (w/o loader boom and bucket).
The BX5450 Snowblower, male quick hitch and mid PTO kit are NOT
compatible with the mid mount mowers. Only mounting brackets are
compatible.

Sincerely,

Customer Satisfaction Department