B7100HST Question

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
1995 B 7100 hst 4 wheel drive.

Does anyone know if I have to take the rear wheels off to pull out the strainers in the hst, to clean them? I have about 7" of clearance between the housing and the wheel, but I can't find any data on how long the strainers are.

My rear tires are loaded with liquid and I have 100 lbs of wheel weights on each, so if I have to pull the tires it's going to take some planing and more effort than just changing the hydro fluid, filter, and cleaning the strainers.

mike

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Does anyone know if I have to take the rear wheels off to pull out the strainers in the hst, to clean them? I have about 7" of clearance between the housing and the wheel, but I can't find any data on how long the strainers are.

My rear tires are loaded with liquid and I have 100 lbs of wheel weights on each, so if I have to pull the tires it's going to take some planing and more effort than just changing the hydro fluid, filter, and cleaning the strainers.

mike

Mike,

Here is a picture from the WSM (item 16) ........hard to tell how long it is ! Let me know if you need the whole WSM.:)

Someone else will chime in and tell you.....I hope!:);)

Attachments

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI

mike
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2...uction-screens-everything-you-wanted-to-know/

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Thanks Guys for the information,

From the picture Greenhead provided the strainer is 7" long, which is about all the room I have .

Does any one know if both strainers are the same length ?

I was hoping that some one that had a b7100 and had done this would chime in. Mine has turf tires and they are set as wide a possible.

Does seem like overkill on this tractor to have a spin on hydro filter and two internal strainers.

mike

jcansler

Feb 6, 2011
Texas
I had a B7100 and could remove and clean the strainers without any problems with the tires on the tractor. I did have the wheels located on the axles to give the widest stance for stability. I also had the turf tires. Hope this helps...

Joe

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I removed mine without taking the tires off- it would depend on where the hub is set at on the axle, I guess.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does seem like overkill on this tractor to have a spin on hydro filter and two internal strainers.

mike
You think maybe that's why they are still so many out there running strong? ;)

bmwmike

Equipment
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
I had a B7100 and could remove and clean the strainers without any problems with the tires on the tractor. I did have the wheels located on the axles to give the widest stance for stability. I also had the turf tires. Hope this helps...

Joe
Thanks Joe. and Hodge

That is the information I was hoping for. I was not looking forward to trying to remove a wheel loaded with liquid, not counting the 100 lbs of wheel weights that have to come off. I will still have to remove one side of the rear sub frame of the FEL and put a bigger notch in it , but that is not a big deal.

And Wolfman you might be right about this helping them last so long.

Thanks to all who responded
mike

Tractor 025.jpg