North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hand slap! :mad:

I gave you good advice on how to deal with it, and pressing it out was not on the list. :rolleyes: :p

Send a PM to 007Kubotaguy (Lance) and see if he can hook you up with a new case.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/member.php?u=11520

Also ask him if he does not have a b6100D diff gear case if he has a New model B7100HST rear diff case, if he does we'll do a swap, as I have a perfect B6100D case sitting here that I was going to use on a B7100HST, The cases are just a tiny bit different, mine would be a direct bolt in for what you need, where for me I'll have to do a little machine work to get it to work properly. ;)

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
Hand slap! :mad:

I gave you good advice on how to deal with it, and pressing it out was not on the list. :rolleyes: :p

Send a PM to 007Kubotaguy (Lance) and see if he can hook you up with a new case.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/member.php?u=11520

Also ask him if he does not have a b6100D diff gear case if he has a New model B7100HST rear diff case, if he does we'll do a swap, as I have a perfect B6100D case sitting here that I was going to use on a B7100HST, The cases are just a tiny bit different, mine would be a direct bolt in for what you need, where for me I'll have to do a little machine work to get it to work properly. ;)

I soaked it with PB blaster. Just wanted to put a little pressure on it to see if it would move. I will ask him about the B7100HST. He does have the B6100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
, The cases are just a tiny bit different, mine would be a direct bolt in for what you need, where for me I'll have to do a little machine work to get it to work properly. ;)

I will ask him about the B7100HST. He does have the B6100.
That could be a good deal for both you guys!

DD - - that's the kind of thing I would do....been following your project and Fish's too... good stuff but for your setback. You'll make it right, I'm sure. Best wishes going forward.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow, I'm impressed with your work so far.
I'm even more impressed with your energy, time and commitment to such a detailed restoration!

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
Did you find a powder that matched the blue or just going to try and get close?

Haven’t gotten that far yet. Once everything is prepped I will talk to a couple of my local powder coaters to see what they recommend. Need to make sure I can get matching paint. What is a durable paint I should use for the aluminum casings and the engine?

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
Haven’t gotten that far yet. Once everything is prepped I will talk to a couple of my local powder coaters to see what they recommend. Need to make sure I can get matching paint. What is a durable paint I should use for the aluminum casings and the engine?

I originally wanted to powder coat everything that I could. I couldnt find a powder manufacture that had the Kubota blue. They could do a custom color match but with the cost and minimums i would have to buy it was extremely expensive. also they couldnt guarantee an exact match. So trying to get a match of the blue in the powder and then a match for paint to the powder just wasnt happening. I just decided to go with paint.

B6000ME

Jul 23, 2018
manchester
Nice work. Make sure to check your pilot bearing in the end of the crank! I just had to do an epoxy repair on my b6100 pilot bearing( bushing)!

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD

Finished stripping and cleaning the trans tunnel. I think there’s one more seal retainer in there but it’s pretty much ready for blast and powder coating.

Tim Keith

Sep 16, 2017
San Antonio
Yep same motor dimensions externally.
Just bigger pistons, valves and cam.

Note: If you do a D950 with a water pump (there are both style engines out there) you will need to change the radiator fittings and hoses slightly and you will also have to mount an alternator or dynamo on it in a new location, so get a complete engine with dynamo already on it.
So I could swap in a D950 to my B-6100? Does it need a larger radiator?

Tim

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So I could swap in a D950 to my B-6100? Does it need a larger radiator?

Tim
Nope, same radiator, in fact you have to neck down the inlet and outlets to make it work with the smaller hoses on the D950.