B6100 Rebuild

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Glad you got them off they can be tough.

Notice on the hubs you pick that they do not include the studs or nuts.
You might have a hard time finding studs that will fit and hold in those hubs. ;)
Think I'd be pressing the old studs out of the old hubs and re-using them, Any good shop with an hydraulic arbor press can press them out (if the will fit) that is.

Sure look like splined press in studs to me.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I think your fender “wings” may indicate they spread salt or other corrosive agents with a 3 point broadcast spreader.

That may have been the attempt to keep it off the tractor somewhat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
Any ideas on removing the 3 pt lower link Pin? It***8217;s a large steel rod passing thru the aluminum case that also retains the PTO cover. I***8217;m hesitant to pound on it or heat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you take the bolt out that holds it in?
It's in the center of the shaft.

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you removed the bolt that holds it in?
It's in the center of the bar, under the hitch.
Then I would recommend penetrating oil and work it back and forth to remove it.
If it still puts up a fight, three bolts under the hitch will remove the whole assembly.

Last edited:

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
Have you removed the bolt that holds it in?
It's in the center of the bar, under the hitch.
Then I would recommend penetrating oil and work it back and forth to remove it.
If it still puts up a fight, three bolts under the hitch will remove the whole assembly.

I removed all the bolts but the rod goes thru the axle case.

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
No turning back now. What is the minimum I should be doing if I have it tore down this far? Do I just clean and paint the front axle or should I put new seals in it?

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
No turning back now. What is the minimum I should be doing if I have it tore down this far? Do I just clean and paint the front axle or should I put new seals in it?

I would check all the clutch related parts for wear. Check the oil seals at the shafts on the transmission. They are only a few dollars a piece and now that its apart they are super easy to change at this stage. Unless you have gaskets leaking (like I did) now is the time to replace them before any paint goes on.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
also may want to punch out The roll pins on the propeller shaft and clean and grease the bearings in the joint. Mine had a bunch of crud in it but the parts were still in excellent condition. Make sure to reattach the propeller shaft to the transmission before bolting the tunnel back on because the joint on the propeller shaft wont fit through the release bearing carrier hole. I found that out the hard way.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I removed all the bolts but the rod goes thru the axle case.

The bolt that lock the rod does not go into the case, it's just in the center of the hitch and center of the rod.
Yes you're right, I had to go look at a case I have here, it does go thru the sides of the case.
Spray it down with PB Blaster or any other rust breaker and let it soak for a bit as it will have rusted and stuck in the aluminum housing a bit.

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
Most of the main components have been dismantled. Now time to clean, replace seals, chase threads, paint and start putting it back together. As you can see I play it fast and loose with my bolts.

Ejz B6100

Equipment
B6100/B670/B219.
Jul 22, 2018
Seattle, WA
Nothing makes me more warm and fuzzy than a man who has lots of B.O.S! [buckets of stuff]

You are one fast Dude! Can't believe what you did in weeks!

Have fun!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Will it bolt to the subframe and bell housing?

Yep same motor dimensions externally.
Just bigger pistons, valves and cam.

Note: If you do a D950 with a water pump (there are both style engines out there) you will need to change the radiator fittings and hoses slightly and you will also have to mount an alternator or dynamo on it in a new location, so get a complete engine with dynamo already on it.

DoubleDurgz

Equipment
B6100D
Dec 16, 2018
North East, MD
Saw you have a lot of parts media blasted. Are you painting or powdering?

Yes that’s the plan. Not entirely sure what I’m going to do with the tranny and rear end. There is some minor corrosion on the aluminum casing. I need to figure out how to treat it without pulling all the gears out.