B1700 Starting Issues

buzter

Aug 7, 2010
SD
Del,

That is correct, plug into one and out the other to the solenoid, like 78Vette's pic shows...the only dumb question is the one that is not asked...Let me know how you come out now..

BUZ

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
the light bulb came on...the two purple wires simply make a loop for the starter wire, correct? not sure what white wire was for but need to redo that wire and hopefully it will start...feel so dumb but I'm learning
Del
Have you the same wires on the relay as 78vette because you mention a white wire? his looks to have as 2 purple wires,1 red and 1 black which to me,having not seen any instructions, would conclude that:
1: red would connect to the large terminal on the solenoid that the main lead from the battery hooks up to a full 12 volt supply.
2:black to ground
3: unplug the original wire from the solenoid switch terminal and plug it into one of the purple wires
4: plug the other purple wire onto the solenoid switch wire where you just pulled the original sw lead off .
The only issue for me would be which purple lead went on the switch terminal and which on the switch lead.(what do the instructions say)
If you have a white wire
Could you post a picture of just your solenoid ,the one posted is not that clear and instuctions?

dave

Last edited:

orange1021

Aug 28, 2010
champaign, IL
Dave,
For some reason I thought the white wire was my starter switch but was not. you use the purple wires just as you mentioned in your post above. the type of connector tells you where it goes. one fits over the blade terminal that was originally connected to white/black starter wire and other one is a male blade connector that goes to original starter switch. since I cut some wires, need to get new connectors today and finish it up.
Del

orange1021

Aug 28, 2010
champaign, IL
It works!!!!replaced some connectors that I had cut and if fires right up.
Thanks to all of you and especially Buz, you stuck with me.
Buz, if you ever replace the O ring on the valve control between your legs ,under the seat, please take pics and post them, too. Email me if you do that work. dsieb@juno.com

thanks again,
Del

buzter

Aug 7, 2010
SD
Del,
No worries...glad to help..and yes when I replace the valve I will take some pictures..

Buz