Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Same beach...
Same activity...

Different dog...
Different boat...

Always a great time :)

Remington

P6090001.JPG

Dakota

photo.JPG

Dakota needed the life jacket. He would literally keep fetching until he would likely drown. That dog was a fetching machine.

Reactions: 5 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
We have an EXACT look-a-like........ now 4 year old named Sadie.
She too thinks at 80 lbs. that SHE is a lap dog.
I am 83 now, and in seemingly good health, but I do hope that I leave this planet before her.
I honestly do not know if would want to continue on without our Sadie!
So do we. Farfel is 85lbs and also thinks he is a lap dog
1703108991141.png

He is 11 and still thinks he is a pup.

They are all members of the family. . .

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
speaking of fetching machines...here's dakota with a couple of his favorites:

here he is looking for the manual ball thrower:

IMG_6515.JPG

and using the automatic version. this one was cool. he would drop the ball in the machine and it would shoot it out for another retrieve. It was very entertaining to watch him work this contraption.

IMG_0825.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Someone has to say hi to the kiddos across the road 😁😁😁😁

1000013723.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If anyone watched Saturday Night Live in the’70’s…..

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We can all relate to the loss @dirtydeed recently had.

This picture came up in the Mrs. Facebook memories today. Early morning Christmas 2021. When she showed me the picture, I teared up right away

Ollie had issues, but had been okay for a few months.

Had a seizure as we were sitting down for Christmas dinner. He was gone New Years Day 2022.

IMG_1672.jpeg

Miss you buddy….

IMG_6367.jpeg

• Sad

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Strange Christmas for me as well. Lots of laughs but many more tears.

My wife picked up an 8 week old yellow lab for me on Friday. Cute little bugger and a very nice pup. Her boss got one from the same litter as well and he needed us to keep him until Christmas to surprise his family with a new pup too.

Well, having the two pup bothers here for two nights (while I was sick) was just just too much for me. I felt like I just can't love on another dog right now and it wouldn't be fair to that beautiful pup. After some discussion and yet a few more tears, my wife and I returned our pup to the breeder Christmas Eve. My wish is that he be loved and enjoyed by another family (and I'm sure that he will).

My buddy came back home on Thursday last week. I'm grateful for the staff that treated me and my wife with such kindness and compassion. We baked the paw print in the oven after adding one of his name tags I used.

I miss him so much.

Dakota Paw print.JPG

Last week, I ordered a blanket for my wife to sleep with. It came in time for Christmas and she really appreciated it. She told me that this was the best Christmas present she had ever received. I think that maybe I ordered it a bit for myself as well. Thanks to Shutterfly.com for getting it to me quickly.

Shutterfly Blanket.JPG

I may just have to stay off of this thread for a while.

As I've quoted before..."old men miss many dogs."

Merry Christmas to all of you with best buddies. Love on them all.

PS - here is the original photo I used for the shutterfly blanket. when I placed the order, it said that my photo didn't have clarity...I didn't care and placed the order anyway.

Blanket.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Strange Christmas for me as well. Lots of laughs but many more tears.

My wife picked up an 8 week old yellow lab for me on Friday. Cute little bugger and a very nice pup. Her boss got one from the same litter as well and he needed us to keep him until Christmas to surprise his family with a new pup too.

Well, having the two pup bothers here for two nights (while I was sick) was just just too much for me. I felt like I just can't love on another dog right now and it wouldn't be fair to that beautiful pup. After some discussion and yet a few more tears, my wife and I returned our pup to the breeder Christmas Eve. My wish is that he be loved and enjoyed by another family (and I'm sure that he will).

My buddy came back home on Thursday last week. I'm grateful for the staff that treated me and my wife with such kindness and compassion. We baked the paw print in the oven after adding one of his name tags I used.

I miss him so much.

View attachment 118792

Last week, I ordered a blanket for my wife to sleep with. It came in time for Christmas and she really appreciated it. She told me that this was the best Christmas present she had ever received. I think that maybe I ordered it a bit for myself as well. Thanks to Shutterfly.com for getting it to me quickly.

View attachment 118793

I may just have to stay off of this thread for a while.

As I've quoted before..."old men miss many dogs."

Merry Christmas to all of you with best buddies. Love on them all.

PS - here is the original photo I used for the shutterfly blanket. when I placed the order, it said that my photo didn't have clarity...I didn't care and placed the order anyway.

View attachment 118798
You sir, are wise.

Let yourself grieve.

There will be a time when you will have room to accept another member to the family.

Only you know when that time is.

It’s pretty obvious to me you and the Mrs. are exemplary pet owners…

God bless….🐾

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Someone was being lazy while playing with her ball. Dad had to hold it so she could chew 😂🤣😂🤣😂

1000013828.jpg

• Love