Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geddy very concerned that Dad killed his Dragon…..(time for cleaning)

IMG_6557.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
He wouldn’t leave his Dragon. I had to clean it with him underfoot…. ;)

Reunited and it feels so good 🎶🎵🎼🎶🔥🔥🔥

IMG_6560.jpeg

There’s a few folks here with Harman pellet stoves, and a couple have XXV like ours.

This one is about 17(?) seasons old and has had almost 100 tons of pellets through it. Still burning very well with regular maintenance and component replacement.

Excuse the sheet rock dust, we recently finished a house project and start another in two days…. ;)

IMG_6562.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The pups are pooped…I guess the broke them yesterday. We had a full day of boiling sap into the evening yesterday. This morning they are barely able to mooch some deer bacon. ☕

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I'm sitting here eating a deer burger right now and as good as it is I can only imagine how much better it could be with some of that bacon on it and pretty sure my buddy wouldn't mind either.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
What a week. It began with a kid going too fast down our street, losing control, taking out a corner of our fence before slamming a tree. They were ok but the new to him truck was totaled. Then we lost internet. Fought with ATT for a week. While I was at the neighbors to call ATT (no cell without internet--need an extender), we received an Amazon delivery. The driver was "driver chating" to her next delivery as she left. She did not wait for the driveway double gate to fully open--she drove into it destroying one of the panels and the controller. Repair estimate is $8000. It took five days for the internet repair. I told them it was the line but they said it was the modem. They sent a replacement. When that didn't work, they sent a tech. The repair took 15min. We were lucky enough to have the only cable chewed by a mouse at the demarc. But the worst came Friday into Saturday.

I delivered our new foal in the wee ours of the morning on 2/12 during a severe storm. Deivered, eh, more like pulled out. She was the cutest little thing--healthy, thriving playful, friendly...

IMG_9950.jpg
IMG_3132.JPG

Friday at noon, she became lethargic. By 3pm, she could not stand up. At 4pm, we rolled her onto a blanket to lift/carry her onto the horse trailer and took her to the equine hospital. They did lots of tests-bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc. and could not find anything wrong with her or the mare. She had one elevated liver enzyme (GGT) but that is common in foals this young. She survived the night but died in our arms the next morning. It was less than 24 hours from thriving to dead. This one hurts.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I'm sitting here eating a deer burger right now and as good as it is I can only imagine how much better it could be with some of that bacon on it and pretty sure my buddy wouldn't mind either.
I shared this in the what’s cooking thread this morning…here is the recipe.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
What a week. It began with a kid going too fast down our street, losing control, taking out a corner of our fence before slamming a tree. They were ok but the new to him truck was totaled. Then we lost internet. Fought with ATT for a week. While I was at the neighbors to call ATT (no cell without internet--need an extender), we received an Amazon delivery. The driver was "driver chating" to her next delivery as she left. She did not wait for the driveway double gate to fully open--she drove into it destroying one of the panels and the controller. Repair estimate is $8000. It took five days for the internet repair. I told them it was the line but they said it was the modem. They sent a replacement. When that didn't work, they sent a tech. The repair took 15min. We were lucky enough to have the only cable chewed by a mouse at the demarc. But the worst came Friday into Saturday.

I delivered our new foal in the wee ours of the morning on 2/12 during a severe storm. Deivered, eh, more like pulled out. She was the cutest little thing--healthy, thriving playful, friendly...

View attachment 123527 View attachment 123528
Friday at noon, she became lethargic. By 3pm, she could not stand up. At 4pm, we rolled her onto a blanket to lift/carry her onto the horse trailer and took her to the equine hospital. They did lots of tests-bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc. and could not find anything wrong with her or the mare. She had one elevated liver enzyme (GGT) but that is common in foals this young. She survived the night but died in our arms the next morning. It was less than 24 hours from thriving to dead. This one hurts.
That’s too bad. I am sorry for your loss.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada

View attachment 123527 View attachment 123528
Man that sucks. Sorry to read about a terrible week and the loss of your foal. Condolences

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow. Bad week topped off with the loss of your new foal......
My sympathies....

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Sorry to hear about all your troubles recently and sympathies on your loss of the foal.

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
Thanks all for the kind words.

Leo felt bad for me. He always cheers me up!
IMG_3065.JPG

LOL--he actually climbed on and became a 100lb lap dog. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dad’s grating Pecorino Romano…woke me up from my snoring slumber…

I love Pecorino Romano….

Excuse the dirty floor mat, we are in the middle of a house renovation. Place is pretty messy. 😉

IMG_6594.jpeg

IMG_6595.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
A little off topic….but the carving is a German Shepherd Dog😀😀.
This girl has some amazing talent with her chainsaw carving and wood working.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users