Any way to adjust mid mt mower lift in relation to 3 pt lift

Bitbob

Equipment
BX23S-EA grapple- wallenstein chipper-mid mt mower-Backhoe etc.
Nov 18, 2021
Oregon
I just added a rear weight box to the 3 pt hitch on my 23s so I could be more stable when mowing on hills. I already have filled tires and add front weights. I found to my chagrin that the lift on the mower deck is also the lift on the 3 pt hitch and weight box. However the lift on the mower only starts after the box is already lifted 15" off the ground. When the deck is up fully the box is 2 ft off the ground. Not very stable! Is there any way to adjust the mower so it starts lifting at the same time as the 3 pt.? Or alternatively just adjust the 3 pt down after the deck is up without affecting the deck height. I also use the lift on the deck to jump over hills and debris which is also affecting the ballast box. I have tried adjusting the top link to slow down the box lift height but it does not affect it much. Likewise the lift speed adjuster affects both attachments equally and does not start the deck lift at the same time either. Is there some way to adjust the hydraulics to start the deck lift with the 3pt lift? a

Willie1

Equipment
BX2370
Apr 17, 2015
Bruceton Mills, WV
After fully raising the mower deck, turn the mower deck height position knob to the position marked "Top". That will lock the mower deck in the raised position and allow the 3 point to operate independently of the mower deck.

Reactions: 1 user

Bitbob

Equipment
Nov 18, 2021
Oregon
After fully raising the mower deck, turn the mower deck height position knob to the position marked "Top". That will lock the mower deck in the raised position and allow the 3 point to operate independently of the mower deck.
While this may offer a one time solution to the problem I hydraulically raise and lower the deck to different heights while cutting my fields scores of times per field so it is no help for the problem I am realistically facing. Also the adjustment knob for deck height is difficult to use and the fewer times I have to use it the better. I usually leave it at the highest average of my no scalp level for the various cutting areas. So what I need is a way to equal out either the raise start times when using the hydraulic lift lever or a way to lower the weight box without effecting the level of the deck. Now what happens is the box raises to 15" off the ground before the deck starts to move from the no scalp position so when I adjust the deck up hydraulically to miss a bump or obstical the box raises to 24 plus inches(the box seems to raise faster then the deck) making the tractor become less stable. If I could lower the ballast box, after raising the deck to the top position, to a 10-12 inch level (where it is very effectively stabalizing the tractor) and then lower the deck 2-3 inches to cut height while still maintaning ballast box clearance from the ground that would solve the problem. So I guess i am looking for a hydraulic solution not a mechanical one.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I believe you can pin the deck up…on the links you should be able to see the pins/holes. You won’t be able to move your deck down without undoing, but you can hold it up so that the 3 pt can function.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I believe you can pin the deck up…on the links you should be able to see the pins/holes. You won’t be able to move your deck down without undoing, but you can hold it up so that the 3 pt can function.
If I am understanding what you want….On the front of the deck on each side you should see a welded bracket that will accept pin through the frame. See pic. When pins are out deck runs up and down with 3PT. If you run deck all way up you should age. Received 2 pins in the tool box…this is where they fit. One for each side.

Attachments

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I'm reading it like this . You still want to lift the deck up and down and have the weight box staying in a lower position . What you can do is disconnect the 3pth lift arms from the rock shaft arms and pin them into the fixed brackets with the big holes in them that are mounted to the rear frame. The weight will be fixed in a lower position and you will still beable to raise and lower the deck .You will probably have to have some sort of jack under the weight box while you put the lift arms into those brackets.

Bitbob

Equipment
Nov 18, 2021
Oregon
I'm reading it like this . You still want to lift the deck up and down and have the weight box staying in a lower position . What you can do is disconnect the 3pth lift arms from the rock shaft arms and pin them into the fixed brackets with the big holes in them that are mounted to the rear frame. The weight will be fixed in a lower position and you will still beable to raise and lower the deck .You will probably have to have some sort of jack under the weight box while you put the lift arms into those brackets.
[/QUO
OK this sounds like a good solution. However I just spent 2 hrs trying to line up the rock shaft arms with the big holes in the frame bracket and they will not fit at the angle the pin head is set at. I disconnected one of the shat arms and tried every which way to connect it to both the 3pt lower arms and the chassis flange hole and it won't work. The chassis flange tilts 45 degrees to the left or outside of the tractor and the pin mount on the shaft arms are almost straight. Even when I leverage the 3 pt lower arms out (to the left) I only get about 10 degrees to the left. I must be missing something? Any ideas?

Bitbob

Equipment
Nov 18, 2021
Oregon
here's a pic from my manual. bx 2370-1 # 9 is what you need.
Ya it looks like that would do it any ideas what the Kubota part # is for that? I have a parts catalouge for my 23s but it doesn't include accessories or attachments. Thanks.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Ya it looks like that would do it any ideas what the Kubota part # is for that? I have a parts catalouge for my 23s but it doesn't include accessories or attachments. Thanks.
Mine came with my tractor. Not sure why your's didn't have it . I thought this how they came with this already attached . Best you contact your dealer .