3 point lift?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Welcome Lil175. Check hydraulic oil level, Change hyd filter?, hyd screen dirty, check adjustment settings on tph. Does your tractor have a knob on top of the rear diff to adjust raising and lowering speed if so try adjusting that. Hope this helps a little. Keep us posted.:D:D Dusty

Lil175

Feb 28, 2010
Glenwood,Ar
Hi Dusty, where is the filter? I do check the fluid on top of the case between seat & steering wheel right. Should the fluid be all the way up to the top? And where is the filter.Thanks for the help. This is all new to me, howeverI did rebuild the steering sector.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
There should be a dipstick on top in front of or underneath the seat if it is hydrostatic drive or a sight glass on the side of the trani if it is a gear drive. I will see if I can find where the filter is on that tractor,:D:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
sounds like you are overfilling with hyd fluid.
This orange square headed bolt is the indicator when she is full up.
Please forgive me if I'm mistaken. But isn't it vented? If it's overserviced and actuators were in the extend position then retracted, would the extra fluid just port overboard through a vent? And if it was filled too high it would still perform but as it's heated and expands would also vent overboard.

I am not familiar at all with the OP's L175 but that is the basics of any hudraulic system.

And once again I toss myself to the blood thirsty hounds :cool:

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
It's really cool that we have some one on the forum that is willing to toss themselves to the Hounds:cool: Thanks Scott. The tractor gets ticked if that vent is plugged and some times Kubota doesn't put them in very good spots like right where dirt can build up around them.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
That sounds about right. Lol
It's really cool that we have some one on the forum that is willing to toss themselves to the Hounds:cool: Thanks Scott. The tractor gets ticked if that vent is plugged and some times Kubota doesn't put them in very good spots like right where dirt can build up around them.:D Dusty
Hey, thanks guys!

Dusty, as you know I have been known to "lay it out there" :eek:

But your reply does bring up another round of questions, or concerns.

I read the thread again and I didn't really see if Lil175's 3 point hitch is working.

Also, if his vent IS completely blocked it would severley restrict the hydraulic operation. Granted there might be some movement depending on hydraulic levels and health of the pump. But not so good.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey Guys, My hitch is NOT working at this point, hence the questions.:)
Damn I'm stupid :eek:

At first I was wondering by lift if you ment the FEL. Now I happened to actualy read the title of the thread :D

I'm gonna put the pointy cap on and stand in the corner for a while :p

Scott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Lil175 Did you find the screen / filter. It may have an intake screen and an output screen and a spin on filter. Or it may only have one or two of the above mentioned.Untill you find them and clean or replace them. You can't really go any further. If the system is plugged and you replace the pump it is still not going to fix the problem.I don't have a parts or work shop manual for your tractor.But that is probably the first thing you should spend money on.Don't give up you will figure it out. We will help where we can.Keep us posted:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey Scott don't beat yourself up, it's gonna be ok.:rolleyes:
Thanks Lil175! I'm done standing in the corner and the short yellow bus is waiting for me outside...see ya later!

Don't give up you will figure it out. We will help where we can.Keep us posted:D Dusty
Hey Dusty, your doing good with the great advice and dedication to help!

For me, I think Lil175, or at least any sane man, has had just about enough of my help as he can handle :p

Scott

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
I went through a similar bout with my 3 pt not too long ago. I raised it all the way to adjust something (forgot just what at this point) and then it wouldn't move at all --- wouldn't go down. It was stuck in the fully raised position. Started to take it apart to find the problem and, as I loosened the bolts that mount the little knob under the seat that regulates the rate of drop, it dropped to it's lowest position. Somehow, that "rate valve" had locked closed and kept the hitch locked in position. It's worked fine since -- I just don't raise it to the point where the pressure relief valve actuates and I've been just fine. Something to consider --- I don't know if your hitch is full up, full down or just stuck somewhere in between. Just loosen the two bolts that mount that little valve --- I didn't even take the valve off --- just tightened the bolts back up after the hitch dropped down.

royboy42

Equipment
L something or nother
Sep 8, 2009
macon ga
I wasn't try to diagnose the problems.

Just showing the OP where the hyd. screen is on his tractor and how to tell when it's had enough fluid dumped in it.

I suspect that filling that cavity up to the fill hole would be an excessive waste of hyd fluid maybe even another 5 gallon pail. Which would be wasting 30 dollars.

Just trying to inform and save a brother some money not diagnose.