What have you made for you tractor

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
I know how much we all like pictures, so I thought I would start this thread to see what out there and to get some new ideas.
My Tractor is a 1995 B7100hst 4WD.

Brush forks Made from 1 1/4 " rebar from the scrap yard cost $.22 a pound
Picture 049.jpg ,

Reciever hitch I made to move trailers.
Picture 045.jpg ,

Wheel weights made from bar weights from scrap yard cost 22 cents a pound. 100 pounds per wheel.
Picture 052.jpg ,

Power steering made from a john deere control valve and a hydraulic cylinder from ebay. cost about $300.00 (well worth the cost)
Picture 065.jpg ,

Front end loader from a bigger kubota tractor B1750, I had to rework the sub frame. Works great, and I got it cheap.
Picture 059.jpg
I have more but it will only let me download 5 pictures.

mike

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well let's see. I'll just start with the 5740.

Custom additions

- Modified the FEL tubes for storage area's by machining custom caps for the tubes.

- Modified the truck plow to adapt to the tractors FEL.

- Modified the bucket by adding a top guard and hooks.

- Added custom built emergency light bar and LED emergency light to the top of the cab.

- Added L.E.D. strobe lighting to the rear of the snow blower and built custom boxes to house them in.

- Added custom build boxes to the plow so Super Nova L.E.D. strobe lights could be installed adding extra lighting to the FEL side on when plowing.

- Added a reverse beeper. (not a small task on these tractors)

- Added a reverse camera with a color 7" LCD monitor that is also inferred and has a built in microphone in the camera it's self. The camera was adapted to the top rear light making it appear that it was always there.

- Gauge pods were added to each side of the LCD monitor and an ambient air temperature and digital volt gauge was added to each pod.

- Two RAM mounts were added in the cab for mounting various items like my phone and MP3 recorder. Also a new mount was just installed for the new IPhone 4

- A moisture sensing system was adapted to the wiper system so when I'm using the tractor the wipers will work automatically when snow or water is present on the windshields. That way I don't need to be switching the wipers on and off myself. The system takes care of that for me.

- Mud flaps were added to the front fenders to help keep the water off the front glass when traveling the machine.

- All powder coated upper mud flap hardware was removed and replaced with stainless hardware.

- All common steel hardware that was present on the snow blower was replaced with stainless steel to prevent corrosion.

- Some custom badging and company lettering was added to the tractor.

- Custom trim was added to the rear fenders to give it a more refined look.

- Added a parking brake warning light. Well a better one that came with the tractor

- The rear factory lollipop top lights that came with the tractor were replaced with L.E.D. lollipop lights.

- Added a few cool rubber holders on the snow blower to hold a shovel and bar.

- A LED light was added to the cab step so it's easy to see where to place your feet in the dark.

- Fabricated a custom coffee mug holder.

- Designed and fabricated a front bumper with quad flashing LED lights and shackle Center.

- Fabricated an aluminum forward light bar and installed a LED light on it including two side mounted LED alley lights

- Designed and built an LED 4X4 display indicator for the cab.

- Designed a custom LED mount for the snowblower chute. Installed two LED lights on the chute so I could early see where the snow is going.

- Designed and fabricated an exhaust stack conversation kit to for the Kubota Grand L 5740 HST-C3.

- Replaced the stereo system with a Sony X-Plod and Infinity speakers.

- Installed an air horn.

- Added a power plug for charging cell phone at the dash.

- Added rear wheel weights and fabricated custom Center caps for them.

- Custom fitted the floor to accept a new Grammer Air Ride seat.

- Added a rear view mirror.

- added a front mounted inferred camera to top of cab.

- Replaced all OEM cab lights with led lights.

- Added a shock to the front snow blade to eliminate blade recoil after hitting obstacle.

- Fabricated covers to cover up the spring adjusters on the front blade

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Boy, Paul. Couldn't you come up with something?:D

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I know how much we all like pictures, so I thought I would start this thread to see what out there and to get some new ideas.
My Tractor is a 1995 B7100hst 4WD.

mike
How about a picture of that wheel weight mount with out the weights on it?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think the last thing I made for my tractor was the payment :rolleyes:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That's a very nice looking tractor my friend. I could give that a good home.
Thank you sir, from you I will take that as a real compliment! I'm pretty proud of it, considering it's a '79 with 1230 plus hrs that didn't get a lot of attention from the two previous owners. I like it best with the backhoe mounted:

Attachments

bmwmike

Equipment
B7100, 1640A loader, tiller, box blade, grader blade, carry all. John deere 455,
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
Thank you sir, from you I will take that as a real compliment! I'm pretty proud of it, considering it's a '79 with 1230 plus hrs that didn't get a lot of attention from the two previous owners. I like it best with the backhoe mounted:
Lil Foot, What is the model # on that backhoe, and is that the one that was made for the B7100? I would sure like to find one of those.

I see that this Thread has already shown me something that I want, maybe this was not a good idea.

mike

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Those 25 pound flat weights work great don't they? 20 pounders, if you can find them, fit nicely inside the wheel. Too bad Kubota put the valve stem on the outside so the weights have to be clearanced around it.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Lil Foot, What is the model # on that backhoe, and is that the one that was made for the B7100? I would sure like to find one of those.
It's a B670, and yes, it's the "original" B7100 hoe. (Kubota name plate calls it a KUW200) Made in the US by ARPS, now Aeroquip, and they do not support it, carry parts, or anything else. Being US, not metric, all the seals etc. are all standard stuff, but hard parts are a problem. Before rebuilding mine, I searched for a more than year for another one for parts, & only found two, both as bad as mine & pricey.
That being said, I love mine, now that it's essentially new again. It kicks ass for it's size, and neighbors are always calling me for small jobs, tree planting & such…. more seat time!
Here are some pertinent links:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482&highlight=b670+backhoe
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886&highlight=b670+backhoe
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12692&highlight=b670+backhoe

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Those 25 pound flat weights work great don't they? 20 pounders, if you can find them, fit nicely inside the wheel. Too bad Kubota put the valve stem on the outside so the weights have to be clearanced around it.
Mine are 33lbs in front & 75lbs in the rear:

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here are a few of the things I've made.

3 point attachment for the cement mixer.
2013-06-12 20.27.18.jpg

Loader for the B7100
2013-08-22 19.55.53.jpg

Receiver hitch and ripper tooth for 3 point.
3 Point hitch.jpg

Spring tooth cultivator/ripper
2013-09-04 08.49.45.jpg

3 way blade
Blade 1.jpg

bmwmike

Equipment
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
How about a picture of that wheel weight mount with out the weights on it?
Got some pictures for you. The brackets are made from 1/2 x 3 inch flat bar the bolt in the middle is a grade 8 (1 inch x 8 inch ) and it is all welded together. I drilled a 1 inch hole in the flat bars and the bolt goes through both and is welded in place. I used (3 ) 25 lbs weights and (2) 10 lbs weights. I had to use the ten pounders so the valve stem had clearance. Bracket weights about 8 pounds so I have about 100 pounds per wheel, and the tires are loaded with liquid.

mike

Picture 003.jpg ,

Picture 004.jpg ,

Picture 005.jpg ,

Picture 006.jpg ,

Picture 007.jpg

Last edited:

bmwmike

Equipment
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
These are the newest mods I have made , just put them on the tractor today.

And before the welding police get on me, I know my welding sucks, but it holds.

mike

Picture 001.jpg ,

Picture 002.jpg ,

Picture 008.jpg ,

Picture 009.jpg ,

Picture 010.jpg ,

bmwmike

Equipment
Jan 13, 2013
clarksville, Tn.
I know this is the wrong color tractor for most of you, but I think it a great idea and thought I would share. The JD 455 diesel has a catagory O three point hitch and I have mostly cat. 1 attachments so I first made double sided pins, cat.O on one side and cat. 1 on the other. I did not like that so I came up with this idea. This way it will work with both cat. O and cat 1 attachments. 1x2 flat bar welded cat. 1 ends on them heat and bend drill two holes and done.

The front end loader on my JD 425 is from and earlier model JD and I had to make brakets for the rear to make it fit , but $400.00 for a front end loader I could not pass it up.

mike

Picture 075.jpg ,

Picture 044.jpg ,

Picture 084.jpg ,

Picture 031.jpg ,