What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
On my BX2370 the loader frame hits quick hitch with the bucket slightly off the ground.

Jeep - I saw Howling responded to you, but my BX 2360 is the same as his 2370. No FEL with QH on....I think all BX are this way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Tractor is sleeping with battery tender.

Just saw Weather Channel...calling 8-12" Thursday pm- Friday am.. local news said 3-7", maybe less with sleet....:(

Not looking forward to testing my UHMWP liners on bare/unfrozen stone with 8-12....I will just pack down 3-5 this time of year.....

I might pull it out, hook up the box blade and lengthen the top link...can pack some down that way....:(

For guys that don’t have a Quick Hitch for the 3-point, get one!! I had the box blade on and back in the garage in 5 minutes. Lengthened the top link so front blade clears an inch or so.
Can’t say enough about work lights. Mine are really simple with 6” angle brackets I had with 4 LED I got on sale at TSC...probably have more tied up in switch, loom, wire, spade connectors, etc.

Last edited:

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Tractor is sleeping with battery tender.

Just saw Weather Channel...calling 8-12" Thursday pm- Friday am.. local news said 3-7", maybe less with sleet....:(

Not looking forward to testing my UHMWP liners on bare/unfrozen stone with 8-12....I will just pack down 3-5 this time of year.....

I might pull it out, hook up the box blade and lengthen the top link...can pack some down that way....:(

For guys that don’t have a Quick Hitch for the 3-point, get one!! I had the box blade on and back in the garage in 5 minutes. Lengthened the top link so front blade clears an inch or so.
Can’t say enough about work lights. Mine are really simple with 6” angle brackets I had with 4 LED I got on sale at TSC...probably have more tied up in switch, loom, wire, spade connectors, etc.

Will it still clear the garage door?

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Winter is here!

Snowblowed 6" of concrete-level wetness snow to pop the cherry on my new BX's first winter blowing snow for me here in NH. Since I started at 5am, I also fully utilized the LED lights I installed last week just in time.

AMAZING! 200' of 6" slush cleared like a breeze. Removed the chute grill thing about 5 minutes into it as it was causing clogs with the horrific wet snow...what is that thing for anyways? breaking up powder better? Doubt I'll ever put it back on.

Will take a bit to get used to the tractor/hydraulic front snowblower. Played a bit on just how much downward pressure to exert without losing front wheel traction but still getting a perfect, clean cut.

Cleared an area in about 45 minutes that used to take me about 2 hours with a 300+# 11 hp walk-behind unit. Didint break a sweat and drank my coffee while I did it. #WINNING

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Will take a bit to get used to the tractor/hydraulic front snowblower. Played a bit on just how much downward pressure to exert without losing front wheel traction but still getting a perfect, clean cut.
You should be able to just run it in float, unless you are contending with unfrozen/loose stone like I was this morning.:p

Last edited:

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
You should be able to just run it in float, unless you are contending with unfrozen/loose stone like I was this morning.:p
I am on pavement so no worries about digging or stone. I'll have to play with float...probably effective depending on how much crust youre dealing on the base to ensure the blower lip "digs" into that snow vs perceiving it as the ground and floating over it. I was out of the country till Thursday so the storm caught me off guard. I havent even looked at adjusting the "feet" the blower slides along or anything else. It was just clear that there was a "sweet spot" of downward pressure where I was getting the cleanest black pavement surface without traction on the front wheels suffering and causing a slight loss in bite when turning.

Was quite a different experience than the last 20 years with a walk-behind...a improvement in nearly every way.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Had a hydraulic leak so had to troubleshoot that. Fortunately it was just a loose connection where the backhoe hydraulics hook into a main line. Got two gallons of fluid from my local Kubota dealer and Kubbie's ready to clear some snow. We got 13 inches in s. central PA

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Gee - last I saw the weather we were in the 1" - 2" band . . . woke up to 8" of the wet stuff. Heavy too!!! Too heavy to move by hand so I plugged in the block heater for a while then fired her up and drove up to the back tree line to hook up the black blade. It'll be all mud by Sunday . . . just before the next snowfall.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
G . . . woke up to 8" of the wet stuff. Heavy too!!! .
We were 8-12" forecast, got 7 or so. It was heavy. First shear pin out of the way.... and my new UHMWP skid shoe liners survived! ;)

Last edited:

BX23S

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L3901 FEL, BH, GRAPPLE, PALLET FORK, SNOW PLOW and Hard Canopy
Sep 1, 2018
ID
No snow in my neck of the woods, well not yet.:)

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Spent about an hour last night on "Grandpa's" B7510 clearing driveways at home. This was my first opportunity to operate the "new to me" B2771 blower and the newly-installed cab. Very nice combination.

Spent an hour or so today on the B2410 with B2550 front mount blower at the airport. Again, my first opportunity to operate this equipment combination. Worked pretty well, all things considered. I think I'll have to put a rubber edge on the home-brew scraper blade that's mounted behind the B2410 as it seems to be cutting a wee bit too much over the asphalt, even with the top link adjusted as short as it will go. TSC has horse stall mats going on sale this coming week so I'll likely pick one up and give it a try as a rubber cutting edge.

rsherril

Equipment
L345DT
Nov 17, 2018
Fruita
After purchasing a manual for an inherited L345DT, I thought it might be wise to check into some of the suggested maintenance such as oil changes. Who would of thought that machine would have so much and variety. Having a good handle on engine oil I thought it might be time to go advanced to front wheel axels and transmission. While I was at it, might investigate that power steering thing.
Spent yesterday with the front end and transmission. All SAE 80, so a 5 gal. pail was purchased and used. The manual made it sound like the transmission, PTO and each rear wheel would be seperate deals. First lesson learned, be more skeptical and find a forum.
So today I decided to find some help and here I am.
Question, I haven't been able to do a search yet. Thought it might be productive to go straight to the L345 grouping for previous posts. Maybe one of the more experienced members can help me here?
At this point I am looking for servicing and repair for L345DT. I did watch some of the videos and intend to ditch the ether and up grade the battery asap. Will also need to get a better manual as the Peacefull Valley purchase has served it's purpose and got me started.
Thanks ahead for any advice.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Never use starting fluid on a Kubota engine to start it. Ether is death for a Kubota diesel. What the glow plugs are for and only the glow plugs. Tolerances are way too tight in Kubota engine for starting fluid. Bad things happen like broken rings for instance.

Always buy your lubricants in the largest quantity you can afford. It's cheaper in the long run. I buy everything from grease to oil in bulk because I'm frugal.:D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Pull both of mine out of the barn, added some powerservice white label, and a shot of fuel modifier from Arch Oil and tucked them both back to bed.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I did watch some of the videos and intend to ditch the ether and up grade the battery asap. Will also need to get a better manual as the Peacefull Valley purchase has served it's purpose and got me started.
Thanks ahead for any advice.
Oh if it's been started with ether a lot, it's very likely damage has been done where it won't start without it.

Kubota engines need a good battery and glow plugs and nothing more!

I'll send you a link for the WSM for it.