What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Used the box blade to clean up 6” of wet heavy snow on Friday afternoon. I’m impressed with how well it works but the blower will be going on once we get a bigger storm.

rsherril

Equipment
L345DT
Nov 17, 2018
Fruita
Oh if it's been started with ether a lot, it's very likely damage has been done where it won't start without it.

Kubota engines need a good battery and glow plugs and nothing more!

I'll send you a link for the WSM for it.
The first owner, my father in law, use to say "it's addicted to ether". I was generally able to start it above 40 just using glow plugs, but not in cooler weather w/o a lot of going back to the glow plugs several times. I was able to start it yesterday by putting a charger on the 795 CCA battery for an hour or so and leaning on the glow plugs until the coil was red hot, (about sixty sec.). After cranking for about 20 sec. it began to catch enough that I was able to go back to glow and it took off fairly quickly after that. Got that tip from OTT "How to Start your Kubota" video thank you very much Vic.
Looks like some engine work in the future is coming my way. Will need to adress some other issues like the oil leak that may be coming through the front crank seal. Any recommendations on the manuals I'll be needing?
Thanks for your help Wolfman

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Smoothed out the driveway yesterday with my 3 point scraper made from half a skidder tire. Fixed my backhoe - replaced the ball joints for all of the hydraulic valve linkages, but I have to have seals done on two cylinders and that will be next now that I am done with the backhoe for the year.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Used the box blade to clean up 6” of wet heavy snow on Friday afternoon. I’m impressed with how well it works but the blower will be going on once we get a bigger storm.
I just did the same thing. Left my box blade on to make a base before I start snow blowing.
I tried it last winter and was impressed with how well it works in snow.

I just have the top link set so it rides slightly more on the rear blade and it makes a nice base on my gravel driveway.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Dealing with mud.

This year cleaned out old wood pile. Leveled a space and moved tractor shed closer to property line. Then a very wet year with run off from neighbor's yard caused a mud pit in front of and in my tractor shed. Tractor is out, under a tarp.

Dug drainage trenches to start flowing the water away. Did get over front axle couple times in mud. Got water drained enough today to retrieve snow blower from shed.
Blower from Mud.jpg

Hopefully after hand smoothing and ground freezes up I can get the tractor back in the shed.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Rolled over 200 hrs today

Had the project foreman’s with me,if they ain’t on the tractor they gotta be right beside it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
An oh so obvious tip: (but it took me years to catch on to it) I often will just drop the rear scraper blade when parking my tractor, in lieu of using the parking brake. But after forgetting to raise it when driving off, and leaving a big divot in my driveway gravel, I finally figured out to simply position the implement raising lever in the UP position after the engine is off, that way it's an idiot proof way to raise the scraper blade before driving off.

Another thing I have been doing on my 200 hour L3301: NOT using the clutch for shifting between the speed ranges (HST of course). Like others have mentioned, I was having a hard time shifting, not real bad, just a minor annoyance, then one day for some reason I tried it without the clutch, much better, quicker and easier and the tractor doesn't seem to mind at all/no grinding.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Brought wood from the wood shed to the garage. Also checked my fluid levels.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow

Tossed a few clevises on my bucket until I can get my bolt on hooks.

Then started at how sexy she is :p

Let me know how the books go...you seem to have the same SSQA light bucket as me and the only option I've found looked like it was gonna run $55 per hook since it needed the 2 13/16" spacer to go with it.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Worked on a 15ft. batwing I twisted the left wing drive shaft up on late last season.

Darn the parts on these get pricey real quick, :(

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
The bad part was I was trying to help a neighbor because of all the rain we got this year when it did dry out a little figured I'd drive the rig over to his place to help knock some of his mowing out several miles to get there and in less than an hour twisted the shaft up but good like the old saying goes no good deed goes unpunished.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Let me know how the books go...you seem to have the same SSQA light bucket as me and the only option I've found looked like it was gonna run $55 per hook since it needed the 2 13/16" spacer to go with it.

Yep you are correct, it needs the spacer in order to clear the top of the bucket..

I’ll def let you know buddy

Mozarker

Equipment
B2150HST, LA350A FEL, Brush Hog, Rear Blade, Post Hole Digger, Gravely ZT mower
Sep 7, 2018
Southwest MO
Not to the tractor or on the tractor, but for the tractor. Bit the bullet and had my electrician run power out to my little tractor shed today. Lots more light now and ready for a block heater, battery tender, etc. Had sworn when we moved out here I wasn't going to spend any money on that old shed. Would be better to tear it down and build new someday. "Someday" probably just got pushed out a couple of years.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Not to the tractor or on the tractor, but for the tractor. Bit the bullet and had my electrician run power out to my little tractor shed today. Lots more light now and ready for a block heater, battery tender, etc. Had sworn when we moved out here I wasn't going to spend any money on that old shed. Would be better to tear it down and build new someday. "Someday" probably just got pushed out a couple of years.

Nice man, I had to do the exact same thing to my shed, didn’t wanna put a dime into it but for me I just HAD to have power out there. Just like you I wanted power for the block heater and my trickle chargers for both my Badboy ZTR and my Kubota BX. Other than that having some light out there and an air compressor is nice too haha.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO

Tossed a few clevises on my bucket until I can get my bolt on hooks.

Then started at how sexy she is :p

Those are SHACKLES, NOT clevises, just saying! You are not alone in incorrectly stating so, I'm in the crane biz and probably 90% of "regular" people call them clevises, but that don't make it right! Google "shackles" and see what comes up...... to prove my point. It's an interesting thing, for a language geek anyway, as to how an incorrect description could be so wide spread. Right off hand I can't think of another word so "abused." I have taken it upon myself to correct this improper terminology, you're welcome! Back to tractor work......