What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Picked up my BX2370 from the dealer today, my first orange tractor, well, my first tractor.

It's still sitting on the trailer, taking it up to my hunting land tomorrow to do some maintenance.

I don't like where the dealer put the strap, anyone have a better location for it?

oh, and the box blade and bush hog are due to be in on Friday :( Wish I could have had it all at once but such is life.
:eek::eek::eek: THE DEALER DID THAT????? :eek::eek::eek:

While it is both safe and legal to use straps they must be used correctly. Your dealer should know how to do that. Your dealer failed this task!!! 4 straps one on each corner of the tractor and crossed and secured to a structural portion on the trailer sufficient for the load of your tractor..

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD

Got out to the woodpile and started bucking the small stuff I never get around to down to size so I can burn it next year. Tired of looking at it. Have to say the new stand I purchased is making my life so much easier, not to mention my back (hard to see in the shadow but it's really quick and simple and holds well!).

And yes that's a green trailer behind the BX, I would love a larger trailer but unfortunately it would be a big green JD21 steel cart as well. They are good carts for the money and Kubota doesn't make one, so flame suit on. Ha.....
I just bought a small pickup bed trailer, like one made from an older Ford Courier or similar. It has 15" tires, handles anything I load in it, and never gets stuck. It isn't much wider than the tractor, and doesn't weigh all that much. And, as a bonus, I can still use it on the road to go get hay or whatever. Just my suggestion. I got mine for around $300. No need for flame suits! It's all good.

ironpony

Equipment
B7100
Mar 4, 2016
Lancaster Ohio
Being I like making power with my Cummins 5.9. I got this idea of adding a turbo to my B7100. I found a small turbo with an intercooler and some piping. Should be pretty straight forward, not much to work around.

Any thoughts??

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I installed the stabilizers Mark Hodge made for me then hooked up my 3ph forks and started tearing out some old horseshoe pits. Pulled out two stakes, but the third one wouldn't budge. I'm going to have to dig at least enough to sawzall it off below grade.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I installed the stabilizers Mark Hodge made for me then hooked up my 3ph forks and started tearing out some old horseshoe pits. Pulled out two stakes, but the third one wouldn't budge. I'm going to have to dig at least enough to sawzall it off below grade.
My stabilizers will be in tomorrow :D:D

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Well, yesterday, started breaking in my BX. Mowed a couple of acres of grass and worked with the loader. This is my first tractor I've owned and it's a bit different than the last tractor I drove (TE-20).

The wife even got on it and did some mowing.

All in all I put on about 3hrs yesterday. Got done in just a couple of hours with the BX what would take us all day and several tanks of gas in the riding mower.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Found some Rust-oleum blue paint that matches my B7100 pretty closely. Touched up a few areas. I split the chain couplings to my front FEL pump, so I could replace my fan belt, installed the new belt, assembled the chain couplings, then adjusted the belt tension. All ready for my radiator, once I get it back for the neck replacement.

sjd50575

Equipment
L4740 HSTC
Dec 1, 2015
Elk Mound, WI
Plowed some snow this morning. So glade I got the cab every time it snows. Toasty warm bordering on hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Did a bit of shopping for an new tiller. Good selection in Lumberton.

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom

So got a new radiator for my b6000 and it's 100mm taller so managed to fit it in just had to extend my hood a bit ... Not quite finished but I had to cut out some rust too... Oh by the way I have never welded before today so all the welding you see is day 1 welding .... I am good with filler though [emoji41]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
Last week I ordered pair of 1.5" wheel spacers for my BX25D, since I built the cab she probably is a tad more top-heavy, so thinking about the stability. I ordered them from an E-Bay supplier, think they were Bora? spacers.
This morning I took from the garage and scraped some snow that I hadn't cleaned up, just to keep any melting going the right direction.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Finished my fluid and filter change yesterday. Final filter was the fuel filter. I had some difficulties in bleeding the air from the system afterwards, but all is good now. It runs really well. I also installed my repaired radiator yesterday, added fresh 50/50 coolant and installed the sending unit in the top radiator hose for my coolant temperature gauge. Got the right side engine panel back on as well.

More work planned for today.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Took off the blower and put on the FEL. Forks are nice for moving the blower.
blower forks.jpg

Then started in the yard. Pulled the first of many rocks.
Rock 1.jpg

Many more to go to make a lawn that doesn't abuse the mower.

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom
Well started the little b6000 up to check for water leaks on newly installed radiator.... Couple little weeps .... Tightened the clamps little more and they were sorted..... Waiting on new exhaust so it is very loud at moment and due to British Easter weather I couldn't carry on with welding my bonnet. One scary moment was when it wouldn't turn over nothing at all.... One quick check later and the earth wire reconnected to the starter and the beauty fired up... [emoji3]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk