What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
View attachment 56352
To my surprise, when I finished, I found that I had another hydraulic leak all over the transmission. Back to the dealer again on Monday I guess.... This would be the third leak.
Is the black thing on the right a crushed filter or does it just look like that in the picture?

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Russ I think that is his Mid PTO
@xrocketengineer have a look under the seat, I just fixed a leaking banjo bolt on the top of the case that was leaking down.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
My G5200 is still in winter storage with tarp on it. Here in Vermoint, we still have over a month of winter left before even THINKING of mowing the lawn.

However, since it has been over 4 months since I parked it... today, I charged the battery.

Even though the battery is over 5 years old... it still takes a charge and drops below 1.5 amps when fully charged. My battery-tester also tells me it still can deliver the 500CCA which it is rated for.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
RCW, yup. Definitely a boxelder and a weed tree. No loss....... With a rope "tail" under the seat one could get that swing and it's rider up so high that the kids could pick the apples off the top of a tall apple tree that used to grow nearby. :ROFLMAO:

That swing was the talk of their schoolmates for a good five years. .....

David
David - -

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but weed tree or not, that is a loss.

That Box Elder was part of your family's history....

Too bad it's gone, but I'm sure it will be forever remembered.

I was taught how to make trees into a marketable product. Trees like that are not a commodity.

In this day and age, more kids should have more trees like that....(y)

Last edited:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Moved the last of the snow around the back deck with the bucket and blower. Back dragged the driveway to fill in some ruts. Put the snow pusher away for the season and dig out my pallet forks.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Russ I think that is his Mid PTO
@xrocketengineer have a look under the seat, I just fixed a leaking banjo bolt on the top of the case that was leaking down.
Yes, that is the Mid PTO. There is nothing crushed. It is a BX, so there is noting I can reach on the top because of the fuel tank.
IMG_20210314_154343929.jpg
IMG_20210314_153851569.jpg
IMG_20210314_153826804.jpg

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I said I did NOT take the snowblower off, right?!?!

The whole March 14 thing....remember that, or was it just me?!?!

Guess I still ticked-off the Snow Gods..... :oops:

View attachment 56354
I was outside all day long in a tee-shirt sweating my butt off while I finished up the prep work for relocaton of my existing tool shed. Gotta move it outta the way so I can get a new tractor shed built that happens to store all my hand tools too. Having a cold homemade brew on the back deck, 80 degrees, absolutely gorgeous afternoon. That white stuff this time of year is WHY I live where I do.

Oh, and Happy Daylight Savings Time Day. Missing that hour yet?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Talked to my brother in Ft. Collins. They had 23" and promised 22" more overnight. I got all the snow away from here, I bought a Hiniker plow today!

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Started mowing the front yard after using the new drag harrow in the back pasture and seeding it with my FAZA 3-pt seeder for the horses. Bought diesel for the first time since last fall and couldn't believe the price was about .75 more than I paid back then.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Started mowing the front yard after using the new drag harrow in the back pasture and seeding it with my FAZA 3-pt seeder for the horses. Bought diesel for the first time since last fall and couldn't believe the price was about .75 more than I paid back then.
You must purchase diesel (or any fuel) more frequently to avoid sticker shock!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Got a new grading blade this weekend. Used the tractor to lift it out of the back of the truck :) Haven't put it on yet.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yup, diesel prices are climbing very quickly. Part of it, I guess, but I've already climbed up on that soapbox elsewhere.

I finished up the temporary foundation work for my red shed. All I gotta do now is get the heavy stuff out (brush mower, tiller, pressure washer, small chipper, wheel barrow, etc, etc. You'd be surprised what I can cram into a 20 x 12 shelter with 2' shelving down both sides. I did it, and it still surprises me.

IMG_2624[1].JPG

The strange looking V cut in the grass is where I dug up the wire I ran to the shed after putting it where it is, and is now re-routed it to where I hope the shed will be next weekend. Plenty slack. The corner of the new slab will be just past and to the left of where the point of the V is, so still plenty length to pop a conduit in and do the electrical in the new shed before I put anything but the 'bota in there.. Gonna add some water out there too for washing tools/equipment, etc. Dunno if I'll reduce the pressure or not, but my incoming waterline will be easy to get to and run down here. Less than 50 feet in front of the shed.

Looking like the weather is gonna get rough (possible tornadoes) for a couple days, though, so who knows when I'll get it moved. Got all the timbers and stuff to roll it, but could use a couple more 4" round posts for rollers. Round fence posts are hard to find these days, and EXPENSIVE when ya have to get 'em at a DIY store. I have two 8' yard-arms for power poles (4x6) for runners under the shed, 3 round posts (one of which is broken off and why I need more) and eight 4x4 PT timbers to make the 'road' for it. Same stuff I used to put it where it is about 10 years ago. There's a larger pine than the one visible in the photo at the right side that is in a perfect place to use as an anchor to pull from with a snatch block or a hand-winch. Gotta go slow anyway to make sure I don't roll it off the timbers or break another post and drop the shed. The post is likely to go right through the floor. Little bit uphill grade, but no more than 6 inches rise.

While I was box-blading back there behind the shed, I found this:
IMG_2623[1].JPG

It was dead center of one of my rear tire tracks. Talk about making your heart jump into your throat .... I just knew I was about to see tire ballast spraying everywhere. Couldn't find a mark on the tires, though, so apparently the ground was soft enough it let this go into the ground instead of my tire.

I keep saying, there's no guessing what will be found in my yard, and so much of it very dangerous for tractor tires. Working with a tractor in my yard isn't much less stressful than driving in Atlanta rush hour traffic.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
David - -

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but weed tree or not, that is a loss.

That Box Elder was part of your family's history....

Too bad it's gone, but I'm sure it will be forever remembered.

I was taught how to make trees into a marketable product. Trees like that are not a commodity.

In this day and age, more kids should have more trees like that....(y)
If allowed to the stump will regenerate again and again, and grow very quickly. The old core-rotted ones, especially the leaners, are going down from natural causes soon anyway. But they can usually still can produce a lot of sap for syruping!

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
FCE403EC-CF71-42F5-8F1B-7945D7F98EA1.jpeg
2BF9F5FC-C48D-472C-AF0A-910B995E4E4B.jpeg FCE403EC-CF71-42F5-8F1B-7945D7F98EA1.jpeg

Took a break from Spackle and taping drywall in my vacation getaway. Took two pieces of a Maple that I cut down to put the house where it is. Took it to a local mill gentleman and he will have my live edge stair treads for me tomorrow. Great guy.
figured it would be cool to have some local wood in the house.

Reactions: 3 users

bronc71

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 25, 2021
North Idaho
I finished the install of third function last week for the new grapple. I decided to not use the flexible hydraulic hoses on the tractor section. I made hardlines instead. Lots more work but looks great. Used it allday today.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 5 users