What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I finished the install of third function last week for the new grapple. I decided to not use the flexible hydraulic hoses on the tractor section. I made hardlines instead. Lots more work but looks great. Used it allday today.
Where did you get the material for the hard lines, and were they difficult to bend the 90 degrees ? I am not that far from NH, and the name of the shop where you got them would be helpful... thanks

bronc71

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 25, 2021
North Idaho
Where did you get the material for the hard lines, and were they difficult to bend the 90 degrees ? I am not that far from NH, and the name of the shop where you got them would be helpful... thanks
I ordered it from my local hydraulic hose and fittings shop. The hardline that gets discarded is .035 wall 3/8” OD tube. I bought seamless steel tubing i think the name of my local shop is Kaman? Making the bends is a bit tricky, ive had lots of practice. Special benders with long handles. 37* flares. I did double flare like the tube I removed. I started with 3) 5foot straight tubes because of screw ups. Fun project, also the instructions show the wiring for buttons all wadded up and zip tied. I cant live with that mess. I found a better neater way

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I finished the install of third function last week for the new grapple. I decided to not use the flexible hydraulic hoses on the tractor section. I made hardlines instead. Lots more work but looks great. Used it allday today.
Excellent work, sir. Is that the WRLong kit, or OE Kubota kit? The one for the LX is completely different mounting because the FEL spool is under the seat. Like you, I'm not keen on a ball of wire tied up and waiting to grab a tiny twig, unravel, and then rip something off the machine. I want wiring secured and well guarded.

bronc71

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 25, 2021
North Idaho
Excellent work, sir. Is that the WRLong kit, or OE Kubota kit? The one for the LX is completely different mounting because the FEL spool is under the seat. Like you, I'm not keen on a ball of wire tied up and waiting to grab a tiny twig, unravel, and then rip something off the machine. I want wiring secured and well guarded.
Thanks to everyone for the compliments, this is the LandPride kit. Im going to make up a channel or some shield to cover and protect the new tubes under the platform next. I had to incorporate the mount and the bracket for the snowblower handle, they both occupy the same mounting location.

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
On flat ground? That took some doing.
No kidding. Im on prairie soil and I mistakenly thought that the area had dried as we haven't had rain in about a week. I could feel the tractor sliding to the fence and when I looked down my right side tires were a foot into soup.

I'm good at doing things that 'take some doing'. :unsure:

• Haha

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Thanks to everyone for the compliments, this is the LandPride kit. Im going to make up a channel or some shield to cover and protect the new tubes under the platform next. I had to incorporate the mount and the bracket for the snowblower handle, they both occupy the same mounting location.
I'm considering a kit when I do the next fluid change. Can't hurt to have it if I eventually get generous enough to buy a grapple. I probably won't be doing the rigid tubing, because I don't have the tools. It would be a one-time-use purchase thing if I bought them, and I'm trying to avoid falling into that trap with the tractor. Those one-time-use purchases can rack up a lot of expense.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
No kidding. Im on prairie soil and I mistakenly thought that the area had dried as we haven't had rain in about a week. I could feel the tractor sliding to the fence and when I looked down my right side tires were a foot into soup.

I'm good at doing things that 'take some doing'. :unsure:
I'm kinda like the cat that comes speeding down a hallway with hardwood floors and tries to make the corner at the end, only to wind up slamming into the wall and usually upside down, which is pretty rare for a cat. The first thing he does is get up and look around to see if anyone saw it, and if so, acts like "Did you see that! Wasn't that COOL!" or the "Who put that there?" look. Yep, that's me. I think I've even chased the occasional laser dot.

Reactions: 1 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Not sure if this counts, but I purchased a Woods BSS60 box blade today from a nearby Deere dealership. Was $250 less than what my Kubota dealership was willing to let a Land Pride BB1560 go for so I pulled the trigger.

Reactions: 3 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Not sure if this counts, but I purchased a Woods BSS60 box blade today from a nearby Deere dealership. Was $250 less than what my Kubota dealership was willing to let a Land Pride BB1560 go for so I pulled the trigger.
500 pounds that thing is a beast!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
500 pounds that thing is a beast!
That's why it was on my short list as Ive seen multiple people recommended 100lbs per foot. Not sure my LX2610 will do a full load with it but with soil that's clay and rocks, but I'd rather do multiple partial passes rather than not having the weight that I need to complete the job.

Last edited:

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I picked up this b7300 in a partial trade plus cash for my bx2670..

Both mower deck swivel casters? We're stuck.. one broke lose with the 3 pound hammer and I cleaned all the rust out from it greased it up and stuck it back on..

The other one however... was not having it! I don't have a oxygen accedelyen torch so tried a propane torch and 3 pound hammer, was moving a bit but I started seeing stress cracking on the top so has to cut a relief line in it.. and grind the mushroomed top down to get it off.. did not seem to rusty inside but sure put up a fight..

Attachments

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
Magicman.
i have the stair treads cut to 1.5 inche thickness. I have them stickered in the house on 62 degrees. I bought a wood moisture meter from Lowes. It read 23.7 at the time of the photo. Probably take a few weeks to dry to 10 % which from what I understand is a good. I am building everything inside myself s, and have temp treads on now.
Tree was Maple, with lots of color in it. Cant wait.
J

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
Yes going to let them dry.
Cut to fit and clear coat them. Nice to use the tree since it had to go for the Ouse to be there. Use the extra for some shelves.