What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Dragged some more tamarack out of the forest to the processing area. Have 20 or so trees now, they now need limbing and cutting to lengths. Going with 8, 10, and 12 ft lengths. 8 footers for the 5 ft yard fence for the new puppy, as well as for the new gardens fence corner support posts. The 10s are for garden fence posts - 7 ft tall fence with 3 ft in ground, needed for deer-proofing with electric fencing. The 12s will all be the smaller diameter tops for fence rails.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
In preparation for the clock turning 300 hours I started looking at it and making a list of things to do. When I bought it last fall it had 264 hours on it and was told a complete service was done at 260.
Well unless they repainted that 7mm square plug vent in the front axle support after they last greased it. . .
After reading a few threads about how difficult it was to remove the anxiety was growing. Sure enough it was a bear. I was almost ready to get out a torch as mentioned in another thread to quickly heat it. Almost but not quite.
I have to drop a note to Proto Tools and thank them. That little 7mm open end did the trick. The little sucker flexed and I was sure I was going to end up with 1/2 a wrench stuck in me somewhere. It held and after a few 'one more times' it budged. The threads were completely dry unlike the next time its removed where grease completely filled that hole as it overflowed.
It should be an easier job in 50 hours

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Wasn’t orange and wasn’t mine, but I did a master cylinder swap on a cat 415C. Not too bad of a job, but wow did they ever make it a pain to bleed them. Almost 0 room to work and of course you are completely working by fingertip eyeballs....

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

I installed a horn I took from a tiny Toyota and then installed a decompression cable on mine today. Was going to do a little grading on the drive but got tired :(
Gurn
Got my new LX2610 today and moved tons of snow with the loader bucket. Any tips for this type compact tractor? Got the R14 tires for it. I am new to tractors live in Alaska. 12 below last night.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Got my new LX2610 today and moved tons of snow with the loader bucket. Any tips for this type compact tractor? Got the R14 tires for it. I am new to tractors live in Alaska. 12 below last night.
No pics.. never happened! 😁

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I did NOT take the snowblower off.... 😉

B68E7475-F2BE-4552-AE68-D89734643D89.jpeg

For new folks, years ago I was criticized here on OTT for expressing my temptation to switch to "dirt-mode" WAY TOO early....probably early-March.

On March 14, 2017, we got 34" of snow, also the Anniversary of the March 14, 1993 "Superstorm" blizzard in the northeast. We got almost 40" that time.

Thankfully, blower was still on.

That same year, a lot of our buddies got hammered into early spring, and they blamed me!:p;)

C30338E6-3A02-426A-9953-6194A27C7292.jpeg

I will never take the blower off before March 14...today is March 13....:cool:

Mountain-west is getting it this weekend....it's not my fault!

Just poking fun of course.

Hoping all you folks out west get through this storm okay. Sounds like a big one in some spots.

Take care and stay safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I did NOT take the snowblower off.... 😉

View attachment 56291

For new folks, years ago I was criticized here on OTT for expressing my temptation to switch to "dirt-mode" WAY TOO early....probably early-March.

On March 14, 2017, we got 34" of snow, also the Anniversary of the March 14, 1993 "Superstorm" blizzard in the northeast. We got almost 40" that time.

Thankfully, blower was still on.

That same year, a lot of our buddies got hammered into early spring, and they blamed me!:p;)

View attachment 56293

I will never take the blower off before March 14...today is March 13....:cool:

Mountain-west is getting it this weekend....it's not my fault!

Just poking fun of course.

Hoping all you folks out west get through this storm okay. Sounds like a big one in some spots.

Take care and stay safe.
I was tempted to do the same but we are going into a few weeks of mud season and it won't make any difference whether the blower is on or off since I can't do any yard work until the yard firms up.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Started cleaning out the inside of two of the barns. It was to muddy to work on fence line due to all the rain. Plus, dad has decided that he wants to put in a concrete floor in the 30X40 barn, so that one has to be completely cleared out.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Yesterday I said "the heck with winter!" and took the snowblower and front pusher blade off. Put the EA grapple on and was cleaning up deadfall in the woods. There was a giant boxelder? tree on the edge of the yard that had lost one of its huge limbs last winter in a windstorm. You can see it was starting to rot in the center of the tree so it wouldn't survive much longer. It's easier to control its fall with a chainsaw vs. mother nature so down it went. I need a bigger chainsaw! 😅 But with the saw and Kubota it was down and cleaned up in a little under 3 hours. Waiting for a good rain so it can be safely made to disappear in the burn pile. It's strange how they can double in size between the moment you yell "Timber!" and it hits the ground a few seconds later!!
IMG_E5528_2.jpg
IMG_E5531_2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I removed my loader, and then put it back on... Learned that I need more practice removing my loader and putting it back on. Next week, I might try it again. :)

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Wasn’t orange and wasn’t mine, but I did a master cylinder swap on a cat 415C. Not too bad of a job, but wow did they ever make it a pain to bleed them. Almost 0 room to work and of course you are completely working by fingertip eyeballs....
Down here in LA (Lower Alabama), we call that feel-a-vision.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Well, I managed to cut into pieces a dead tree that had fallen and hauled it out. I had been figuring out how to cut it and bring it down in the right place but we had a lot of wind last week end and it fell on its own and landed perfectly where I wanted it. I cut it in four foot chunks and used the grapple to haul it all out.
IMG_20210314_100459299.jpg

IMG_20210313_162324822.jpg

To my surprise, when I finished, I found that I had another hydraulic leak all over the transmission. Back to the dealer again on Monday I guess.... This would be the third leak.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I said I did NOT take the snowblower off, right?!?!

The whole March 14 thing....remember that, or was it just me?!?!

Guess I still ticked-off the Snow Gods..... :oops:

B357992E-FCD2-4A7D-B97F-8F16A30A784B.jpeg

• Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yesterday I said "the heck with winter!" and took the snowblower and front pusher blade off. Put the EA grapple on and was cleaning up deadfall in the woods. There was a giant boxelder? tree on the edge of the yard that had lost one of its huge limbs last winter in a windstorm. You can see it was starting to rot in the center of the tree so it wouldn't survive much longer. It's easier to control its fall with a chainsaw vs. mother nature so down it went. I need a bigger chainsaw! 😅 But with the saw and Kubota it was down and cleaned up in a little under 3 hours. Waiting for a good rain so it can be safely made to disappear in the burn pile. It's strange how they can double in size between the moment you yell "Timber!" and it hits the ground a few seconds later!!
View attachment 56297 View attachment 56298
BD - that could be a Box-elder....they’re a weed tree, with poor form usually. They’re actually a maple also known as “Ash-leaved Maple.”

Hey- it hit the ground...that’s all that counts!

They do get bigger as they fall!;)

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
BD - that could be a Box-elder....they’re a weed tree, with poor form usually. They’re actually a maple also known as “Ash-leaved Maple.”

We call them Manitoba Maple here. I just drilled in this spring's taps and hung pails to collect the sap. Makes the best maple syrup ever. Imo much better than sugar maple syrup!

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
BD - another thought is a box elder can stump and root sprout like crazy afterwards. Something to keep an eye on.

nbryan - sure, any maple can make good syrup. Some just have more sugar in the sap than others.

I have a bunch of roadside Norway Maples on our lot next door. The first year my neighbors tapped it, the son told his father he wished I was home. He said they looked like maples, but had bark like an ash and didn’t tap them...he’s tapped them each year since...

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota

RCW, yup. Definitely a boxelder and a weed tree. No loss. But it used to be a giant, stately tree. The huge missing limb hung out over the yard and I had tied a rope swing up at least +30' high on it when the kids were still in grade school. With a rope "tail" under the seat one could get that swing and it's rider up so high that the kids could pick the apples off the top of a tall apple tree that used to grow nearby. :ROFLMAO:

That swing was the talk of their schoolmates for a good five years. Then one day the rope was laying on the ground. Damn squirrel had chewed through it where it had been tied to the limb! That scared me and I didn't dare to put it up there again.

This farmstead was originally started under the Homestead Act in 1889 during President Benjamin Harrison's stint. I'm going to try to make a smooth cut on the stump and try to count the rings. For a boxelder tree in this area it was one huge tree and will be interesting to see just how old it might have been. The original homesteader was Fannie Mahood Heath and her husband Frank. She became quite famous the world over in the horticultural society with her books and seeds on growing wild flowers, fruits and vegetables. Some of her plants wound up in the famous gardens of England.

I'd rather they had been famous for missing gold buried on their "claim" but some of the artifacts that surface here and there are still pretty interesting. There's an old hand dug well lined with bricks that had been filled in with the rubbish of the day by them and the second owners of the place. That should make for an interesting recovery dig one day. Pretty sure there'd be some mighty cool bottles and what not waiting to be discovered again.

With your background in forestry.....I need to send/post a pic of a giant cotton wood tree that has quite the deformity. It's got to be one tough tree to have survived all the years after suffering through what ever it was that ailed it.

David