Grey market FEL on L1-24 Sunshine

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Re: Front end loaders

Can I ask a question?

Maybe it was covered already, but which way do you operate joystick to dump, amd which way to raise the loader?

If you pull lever to left, that should be curl, and move to right would dump.

If you move lever up, that should lower boom and if you pull lever straight down, that should raise boom.

If you have a set crossed, you could be fighting a regenerative feature, that may or may not be present in valve?
According to the directions that came with the control,
away = boom lower,
further away past the detent = float
back = boom raise,
left = bucket rollback,
right = bucket dump.
all the way right = bucket regen (fast dump)

That is assuming it is mounted against it's left side (eg: inside the right post). It comes with directions to reconfigure it, inverting the controls (eg: inside the left post).

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

You could have saved yourself $10 as you don't need power beyond either, you only need in and out. ;)

But good catch on his, Would need to know if it's a 2 hose or three hose model.

Just so you know, the power beyond allows you to use both the loader and the three point at the same exact time, I really don't see that as being an issue with the B6100.
I will post a couple shots of the valve guys, I have no idea if it's a 2 or 3 hose type. It has 5 hoses on the inside (left) side, and 1 on the front or bucket side. The hose on the front has a quick attach coupler on it

Attachments

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

I would guess 2 hoses are for the boom cylinders, 2 hoses are for the bucket cylinders, one hose is the supply and one hose is the return. If that is correct, then there is no "power beyond" feature. Does your loader have it's own separate hydraulic pump driven by a PTO? Or is it supplied by the same hydraulic circuit that powers the 3 point hitch?

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

I'm not sure, I think it's the same one as drives the 2 point hitch, and I forgot to mention before but the 2 point also raises very slowly.
Also I drained off all the fluid, added the prescribed 7.1 gallons and put a new filter on, same results.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Could be as simple as a suction leak going to the pump, overfilling it would cause the level to be higher than the suction leak.

Let's concentrate on getting the hydraulics working, to the 3 point.
Is the reason your wanting to replace the valve is due to it not working right?

Start with what is the model of tractor, and find out and take pictures of where the hydraulic lines come in and out of the tractor, should be a block on the side of the frame.

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

I'm not sure what would designate the control valve as working or not, a friend just suggested the first 2 things I should try is the filter and control valve. Do you want me to post some pictures of where the hydraulic hoses are coming from and going?

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

Ok, so this is where the hose on the bottom left of the control valve is going, and where it connects to the tractor its loose, its moving up and down.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

And this is where the hose on the front of the valve goes, into that fitting with the 2 bolts in it under the seat. The tractor is a hinomoto n209, which is the l2550 kubota. So opening the knob under the seat would make the 3 point move faster no?

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: Grey market FEL on Himomoto

OK now it's starting to make sense...
I'm wondering why looking at parts and things just didn't look right.

Not saying this to be rude or unfriendly. ;)

I don't know who told you, or why you would think that, a Hinomoto N209 is the same tractor as an Kubota L2550, they are not.

Rumor is that some of the Himomoto NX tractors were actually rebranded Kubota's but I have not seen any proof to that.

Hinomoto is not Kubota, They might share a few of the same parts but they are not the same tractor.

"Hinomoto was a tractor manufacturer in Japan. They manufactured under their own brand, Hinomoto, as well as for other international companies, including Massey Ferguson, Deutz-Allis, Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers. The company was formerly called Toyosha. Engines were manufactured under the Toyosha brand.

In 1990, the company became part of Hitachi Tierra, and the Hinomoto name was eventually discontinued in 1997."

Now to help you out with this is going to be rough because I don't know the layout of the hydraulic system on Hinomoto's.
Parts of the hydraulic system is electrically controlled and I have no way of knowing what parts are and are not working.

I would suggest you pop over to tractorbynet.com and see if someone more familiar with Hinomoto's can help you. ;)

EDIT: Looking back at all the pictures are you sure it's a Hinomoto?
How about some pictures of both sides of the engine and the front axle?

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

The only reason I say it might Be a hinonomo is because there's a hino tag on it, everything else lines up with it being a kubota. I got a l2550 Manuel, everything pretty well lines up with that Manuel pretty well. Cosmetically it looks like a kubota 2550, even though it branded l2350. I will post pictures of the machine later, gtg to work, thanks.

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

Also I don't take anything you said as being rude or unfriendly, I appreciate the help. All the filters I bought oil, hydraulic and air all fit and worked, controls and drain plugs etc are where the l2550 Manuel has them. This could simply be coincidental. Also, I did find an article that said kubota bought hino, not that that nessesarily means anything.

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

Also: if it is a Hino, I read that Massey-ferguson is where you go for advise/ parts. Do you know anything about that? Thanks again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I'm betting it's actually a L2550 or L2350, pictures will confirm that.
It's not uncommon for rebuilders to put the wrong labels on them.
Also if you don't have side panels for the motor and it does turn out to be a L2350 I know where you can get them. ;)
The transmission tunnel says to me Kubota, and a few other details, the engines will vary greatly and that will tell us what it is.
If it is Kubota, there will be stamped number on the side of the transmission, example (L2350-56789) look there and get the numbers that are stamped in the case.
Also on the side of the injection pump on the block will be a set of stamped Number too, that will tell engine size.

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

Hey Wolfman, according to the kubota 2550 Manuel, here are the serial numbers:
On the transmission, the tractor serial number L1CD 62856

On the engine block I found these numbers: 1.462
I assume these numbers are reference numbers for the factory

Engine serial number, located where the Manuel says they are,
D1462-DI-L-15114

On the identification plate, located on the frame, behind the front tire, it says it's a hinomoto n209, tractor serial number is 62885.
Again, I don't think it's a hinomoto.
I will post a few pictures of the panels and machine, but the loader is in the way of taking good pictures of the engine.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Equipment
L2950
Oct 16, 2016
Graham Wa U.S.A.

On the clutch side of the tranny, there's some numbers stamped on too:
L1 26 SC
ZC HK5

To me these numbers again look like factory reference numbers, as they are partially hidden behind some moving parts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Nope not a Himomoto, it's a L1 26 sunshine, all Kubota.
I have a feeling that some exporter put the Hinomoto label / tag / plate on it to get it shipped here as importing grey market Kubota's is illegal. ;)

I'll have to get home (still on the road) to give you the US equivalent / or close equivalent. :D