ZD326 PTO Question

deacondev

Equipment
zd326
May 31, 2012
Virginia
I just bought a 2006 ZD326 with 1100 hours on it. I am new to Kubota.

Can someone please tell me how the PTO lever is supposed to work? If I place it all the way forward, it runs, then shuts down. If I leave the lever in the middle, it runs full speed (or at least what I think is full speed). Any idea on what is going on?

I do not have a service or owner's manual yet, as I just bought this used last week.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada

Can someone please tell me how the PTO lever is supposed to work? If I place it all the way forward, it runs, then shuts down. If I leave the lever in the middle, it runs full speed (or at least what I think is full speed). Any idea on what is going on?

I do not have a service or owner's manual yet, as I just bought this used last week.
I am not sure on this model but I think the lever runs a valve that supplies pressurized oil to the pto clutch. My guess is that the lever is out of adjustment and it is pushing/rotating the valve to far and thus partially closing the valve.
Check the online parts manual and it should show how it works.:)

deacondev

Equipment
zd326
May 31, 2012
Virginia
I am not sure on this model but I think the lever runs a valve that supplies pressurized oil to the pto clutch. My guess is that the lever is out of adjustment and it is pushing/rotating the valve to far and thus partially closing the valve.
Check the online parts manual and it should show how it works.:)
Thanks. Where do I find the online parts manual?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS

Full forward is On, rearward is off. There is an upgrade PTO Control Handle kit that needs installed. It takes about 30-45 minutes to install. There is no adjustment for the PTO on these units.

deacondev

Equipment
zd326
May 31, 2012
Virginia
What kind of upgrade handle is it? The linkage appears to be in good order. The fluid is so clear, that it is difficult to see if it needs fluid. Do you check it hot or cold? Thanks to all of you guys helping me!

deacondev

Equipment
zd326
May 31, 2012
Virginia
Full forward is On, rearward is off. There is an upgrade PTO Control Handle kit that needs installed. It takes about 30-45 minutes to install. There is no adjustment for the PTO on these units.
Whitetiger, you gave me great advice. My dealer wasn't aware of the upgrade kit until today. I will have it tomorrow and can't wait to get it fixed!
Thank You!!