Zd326 buying help

cdub

Apr 29, 2013
alabama
I have found two zd326 zero turns. One has rear discharge and the other the side discharge. Both the same price with low hours. The one with the rear has the mulch kit which I want because I just prefer to mulch my yard. I know from reading forums that the rear discharge isn't that desired but does it really matter if I have a mulch kit on it all the time????

I rarely ever let my grass get high plus I do commercial landscape on the side every two weeks. ie: churches. But i never cut when is wet: so my question is if I'm using a mulch kit should I still stray from getting a rear discharge mower? Please advise

Last edited:

KenKubota

Equipment
M7040 & loader
Sep 15, 2013
Oberlin Oh
I also looking at a new ZD 326. I would test mow with the rear and decided. Lots of guys say they work very well but all of the dealers in my area only have side. I want a side so i can blow heavy grass clippings when I cut trails and around a pond. Let us know what you decide.

johns6

Equipment
zd 326
Oct 3, 2013
round top texas
I have a zd326 with side discharge, and all I can say is on a windy day with the discharge into the wind you will get dust and clippings blown back on you. Why do people not like rear discharge?