Yep, i've been at it again, some more tinkering with the b7100.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Hi again everyone,
as you may have realised by the title of this thread, I have been tinkering with the B7100 again, I just can’t help myself ………:eek: maybe its just a orange thing, and it all started from a day out in the woods.;)
Anyway, I was out in the woods cutting timber for posts etc a few days ago when I got the 7100 well and truly stuck in a rut, probably my own fault for adding a few extra poles onto the trailer, “ note to self, engage brain more often “
Also I still have turfs on F/R due to wet lawns etc to drive over, so grip wasn’t as good as you would expect to get with grippy ags on.

After some unhooking here, lifting there , I manged to get back on terrafirmer without any damage to the tractor or trailer, but I did feel like a right pratt for getting stuck in the first place.:eek:
What really bugged me was the lack of winch on my 7100 which would have been a real advantage, I have one for my b6000 which I fit when required but it is not setup for the 7100.

So, later that evening, it was straight onto the web to see what was available, and there was a lot outthere.
I choose a slightly larger capacity unit than on my B6000 , which is an original superwinch T1500 . It’s a 3000 lb pull capacity with a 1.95 hp motor, so more than enough for my requirements, just need to sort mounting it on the 7100, I would prefer a quick fit bracket setup so as to be able to fit/remove without all the normal bolting up etc but haven’t worked out yet a design. (any ideas guys).
It comes with a remote operating hand unit also a handlebar switch, that’s handy plus snatch block/hook leads etc.

Now due to the larger capacity of this winch there will be a much great strain put on my electrical system, but , I did have plans to upgrade soon to a larger capacity system , but it will be much sooner now, errrrrrrrrrrr this week….:eek:

What I have done is to remove my original denso dynamo and external regulator and replaced it with a 60amp denso alternator which has internal fan and built in reg.
It is a different fitting format, 1 lower lug instead of two, and the top mount is offset more, but the bottom still fitted peferctly using the single lug and the top just fitted on the rear side of the bracket, all lines up perfect etc.
Now the external reg has gone there is abit more room in that side.., more goodies maybe.
Anyway,I purchased it a while back with the view to fitting it my b6000 but decided not to.
A major bonus when I purchased the alternator was in that it came with an X-ALT intelligent battery controller, these are really good and keep the battery in tiptop shape 100% of the time, also manage multiple battery configs.
Just need to sort a deep cycle battery and I’m sorted.

So then , new alternator is fitted, I’m doing the X-ALT fitting and wiring this eve and fitting heat shrink to the new cabling etc, starting the winch fitting at the weekend.

After all that I think a nice cool long drink is required…..:D:cool:

Pics below.

Rob

Attachments

bwssr

Equipment
l3200, FEL and Box blade...more to come
Feb 29, 2012
Houston, Texas
Just mount a receiver hitch tube on the front. Do this to both tractors, add the required wire hook up, then weld a piece of 2" square tube to a flat plate....then mount the winch to the plate....i did this to my mule and lets me use the winch at either end....and also allow the removale if needed.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thanks for the reply, i am not sure what you mean by a "reciever" , can you put up some pics please so i can get a better understanding, i'm a bit slow sometimes in the evening;)

rob

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
A receiver is a standardized trailer hitch design which is built around a 2" nominal dimension steel tube. A male and female design which is interchangeable among vehicles. Like this and this.

bwssr

Equipment
l3200, FEL and Box blade...more to come
Feb 29, 2012
Houston, Texas
look at the warn winch multi-mounts....this may help you as well....wills..I'like it!

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
This is how I mounted a winch on my B7100, mainly to raise/lower a front blade. I also use the receiver to hold a regular trailer ball to move my boat/trailer around. The rear 3 point attachment is used for hauling trailers as well as skidding out firewood. I also have made all my own gardening implements that attach to the receiver. I leave it on most of the time except when using the 3 point finishing mower.

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
many thanks for the feedback and pics guys, it certainly gave me some ideas on what i needed, much appreciated.
This reciever hitch setup on equipment does appear to be much more common and widely used in the US than it is in the UK.
I could not find hardly anything similar over here, you guys are really spoilt for choice on kit etc.

I have needless to say managed to fabricate something appropiate for my requirements based on your info etc.

thanks
rob.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know,,,, just looking at your home built stuff has spawned a few ideas of my own as small 3 pt cat 1 stuff is a little tuff to find. But here seems to be a lot of stuff set up for dragin behind a garden tractor that might work with your set up.. Good on ya