X2200 buying advice

Jerryz06

Sep 12, 2013
South Carolina
I'm buying 3 acres, most of which will be in grass. My 1042 Cub Cadet isn't going to be enough. I'm considering a large riding mower but a local Kubota dealer is getting in a pre-owned well maintained BX 2200 (60" deck) with about 360 hours on it. It seems like it would be nice to have something more capable than a typical riding mower. Are there any issues with the 2200 and what are they worth 7-8 years old?

Underdawg

Equipment
BX2200-60"MMM - Woods Backhoe-FEL-BoxScrapper
Sep 8, 2013
Ohio
Jerry.. I just purchased a BX2200 2003 ( I think).. Had 575 hours on it, with Backhoe, 60 " MMM and FEL. Paid $9200 out the door. Got a Box scaper new for $425..

I have 600 hours on it now, and just burried 62 Post's with a post hole auger I purchased, put up a temp garage and smoothed dirt and layed gravel and mowed the yard twice. No issues really.. Own 6 acres, but only mow about 2-3.

I would check the front axle pivot bolt for leaks ( mine is leaking but 35$ and some time to fix)..

Also, see if the FEL will pick the tractor up with you on it. If it does it no problem, your good to go, if not, might want to ask the dealer to check it out before you buy it.

Both of these last two options I learnt once I joined here. But over all mine has double the hours and I just did more work with her than I will probably ever do again.

Very happy..