WTB B-348-7 mower deck parts

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Looking for a few parts for a B348-7 mower deck, I picked up a nice used mower deck and it is in need of a part/s, I am looking for :

1. Hub/driven sheave pn 70080-00170
description- hub bushing that fits on blade spindle shaft at top of deck, The driven pulley fits around the bushing, The bushing has a key way and is split on on side .

Also looking for one sheave/pulley as one has a weld repair and although it seems ok I would like to replace it.

Note* The manual shows the model number as both B-348-7 and R-348-7 and B-348-6 R-348-6

Not sure if other size decks use the same bushing/pulley setup if anyone knows please feel free to reply

Val
respond thru this post or PM me

I have added a few photos to show what the sheave hub and sheave look like, The sheave(pulley) is 5" overall diameter, The inside hole measures 1 3/4" at the top and tapers to 1 5/8" at the bottom, The sheave hub is also tapered so that it will tighten into the sheave when the allen screws are tightened, The hub is slotted and has a keyway that accepts a key in the shaft, The shaft diameter is 1".

I am looking for 1 sheave bushing but would also like an extra so will buy 2 or 3 if available, I am also looking for 1 sheave as the one shown has a weld repair and although it looks like it will work I would like to replace it.

Attachments

Last edited:

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Update, I have been doing a bit of searching and I think I have come up with a viable replacement for the missing tapered bushing and sheave, I found a 5" sheave and tapered bushing 1" bore setup at Grainger Industrial Supply, It took a bit of searching but I took all the measurements and matched them with what they have available and I am pretty sure it will work, The ordered sheave and bushing are made of cast iron like the original and they are for heavy duty applications so heres keeping my fingers crossed, I ordered them and hopefully I will have them in a few days.

I am still interested in the original replacement parts if anyone has them let me know.

FYI: The price for just the replacement bushing from Kubota was $72.00 plus shipping the sheave(pulley) was not available, The price for the tapered bushing and sheave(pulley) from Grainger Industrial Supply was $66.00 which included shipping and sales tax.

I will update as things progress.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I am still waiting for the parts I ordered but if anyone is interested I have posted some photos of the mower deck attached to my old Kubota B5100E, This is the tractor that will probably see the most use from this mower deck, The 48" deck is just the right size for the B5100E. The deck is solid but has some peeling paint and rust, I plan on sandblasting it and giving it some fresh paint.The link to the photo album is shown below.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/album.php?albumid=92

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Sheave and bushing ordered from Grainger were delivered today, Photo of original bushing & sheave alongside new bushing and sheave for comparison. Ready to head out to the barn to put them on, Will let you now how things work out.

Attachments

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Update, Mower deck all back together and cutting nicely.
*Note - within 30 seconds of running time the blade nuts had loosened and continued use would have resulted in throwing a blade/blades. While tightening the blade retaining nuts I noted that the shafts were drilled for a cotter pin/safety wire, I replaced all 3 blade nuts with castle nuts and used cotter pins to secure them

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
Wow a good old 348 mower, made by Hesston for Kubota, used Browning pulleys with the taper lock hubs also the bearings standard mount 2 bolt with locking eccentric cams on the bearings all 1 inch in diameter, very tough mower, mowed a ton of grass with one.

Big Kahuna

Rowdy Raven

Equipment
Satoh Buck, Kubota 48" finishing mower, Bush hog s48, koyker 110 FEL
Mar 11, 2011
Clemmons, NC, USA
Hey, I have one of these B-348-7 mowers also. I bought it three years ago to use behind my Satoh Buck tractor. I have had great service out of the mower so far. Thanks for posting the pictures!

elvisgj

Apr 15, 2012
Memphis, TN
Your replies on the 348-7 mower have been very helpful. I was able to heat, drill and beat the pulley ( sheave) and bushing off the shaft. By studying this site and Ebay I was able to buy cast iron flanges with bearings inside and a sheave and bushing for about 1/4th of what Kubota wanted. I know the quality may be lacking. But I will see how the mower runs when I get it installed.

I need a manual for the k-348-7 or B348-7 or -6. One was up on E-bay, but I got outbid at the last moment. I will be willing to pay a reasonable price for a pdf scan.

Thanks for all the posts. My B7100 is being fitted with a home made loader. It has been a nightmare. More later, if the guy ever finishes it. He is near Jackson, TN.