Whos into home grown

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
As an experiment, This past fall we put some winter rye in as a cover crop on 3 of our garden plots where we use the tiller. This week I mowed (mulched ) the rye in the 3 plots down to the dirt.

Today we tilled the different experimental plots. One plot we did not add any amendments, just the rye. One had straw and rye, and the other we put some lime and fire place ash in addition to the rye.

It definitely left some organic matter, but the tiller mixed it in much better than I thought it would (no clods).

Tiller brought up some new rocks so the 4 legged friends had a big time with those.

i don’t see any cold weather in forecast so hopefully we will start to plant soon. 🥃

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
We got a little break in the weather (temporarily maybe) dried up enough I got the strawberry patch replanted (probably way late for this year). Got the first round of corn planted, and some cucumbers. Been hardening off the peppers and maters. Calling for rain all week, was getting sprinkled on today ☹

Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Got some more work done today.
IMG_5602.jpeg

L to R; 3 rows of field peas, 3 rows of green beans and 1 row of Roma tomatoes.
Small garden by suburban will have 1 row of jalapeños, 2 rows of cucumbers and 12 mounds of cantaloupe.

• Love

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Not to much to share here…small update:

We put some straw down to supress weeds coming up before we get to planting in one patch. (We’ll pull just enough back to plant the seedling and we should not have to remulch…or that is the goal). Seedlings need a little more time in the green house before we bring them out.

And in the other I sowed my oats on a week night😂…hand broadcast And a very light raking in. It’s just a small test patch of oats (small section of winter wheat behind it). Supposed to rain this evening. 🥃

Attachments

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Got some more work done today.
View attachment 127285
L to R; 3 rows of field peas, 3 rows of green beans and 1 row of Roma tomatoes.
Small garden by suburban will have 1 row of jalapeños, 2 rows of cucumbers and 12 mounds of cantaloupe.
That looks great. Who ran the stake driver? Looks like Someone got some exercise. 👍

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
That looks great. Who ran the stake driver? Looks like Someone got some exercise. 👍
Yours truly. All 36 of’em. 8 on each green bean row and 12 for tomatoes.
Buying more fence and post tomorrow for cucumber rows. We changed planting up some from last year and don’t have enough of either.