Which Snowblower Rear mount should I get B2650

Muskoka

Equipment
Kubota b2650 w loader and backhoe
Mar 19, 2015
Muskoka Ontario
I am looking for a snowblower for my B2650 rear mount manual rotator
One dealer recommended the B2789 51" rearmount but with my agri tires my machine is 53.7" wide.
is this a big problem?
I have 1000 ft of driveway to plow. I was thinking of just making two passes to make it wider so the tires don't rub against the snow

The b2789 51" is $2100 (CDN)
the bl3164 (new model prev was bl2664 which is still available) 64" kubota $2526 (CDN)

Here is the link to the snowblower which says it works with my model
http://www.kubota.ca/en/productdetail.aspx?prodid=517

Here is a link tot he bl2664
http://www.kubota.ca/en/productdetail.aspx?prodid=518

here is a link to my tractor:
http://www.kubota.ca/en/productdetail.aspx?prodid=2066

Last edited:

Fiziksgeek

Equipment
Massey Ferguson GC2400
Apr 8, 2015
Oxford, CT
Unless you have some narrow paths or gates that would limit the width, I'd go with the 64". In deep snow, you'll have to go a bit slower than with the smaller unit, but the extra width covers your wheel width plus some margin for turning.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
I have had a 54" Meteor blower (which I believe is made in Canada) on my b7500 for 10 years. It works great!! The one thing that I have done to it was to convert the chute rotator to electric.

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
That 64" is right at the performance max of your PTO's hp

I did that for about 4 years on an old L185 These machines can do quite a bit more than they are rated for but it took it's toll on me...

I had to go soooooooo slow and I had to make SURE I was out there as soon as the snow got to 6 inches or I might not have made it down the road..
I have a bit longer way to go then you :) I was taking 3.5 hours to do the down and back and getting a 10' wide path when I was done..

To give you the difference I went from the 15 hp at the PTO of the L185 to the 31 hp of the L3600 and I am still using the same 60" blower..
It takes me 1 hour and 20 minutes to do the same drive and the depth of the snow makes no difference now..

I would love to go up to a 72" blower but honestly 10' is plenty wide and until I break it I ain't changing it :p

Moral of the story: Match the blower to your PTO hp and things tend to work very well.. That 3.5 hours of blowing cold wet snow driving backwards sometime twice a day had my neck aching all winter..

MHTRAPPER

Equipment
B 2320
Sep 7, 2014
Philly NY
I have a B 2320 with a 60" meteor and the thing is great a lot of people said it was gonna be to big for the tractor and I would have to totally disagree. Last Nov. dropped 30" of snow handled it with ease. First pass had to go a little slow snow was to the top of the blower which is 27" after first pass could take 1/2 to 3/4 width at a fair speed. Would not trade it for the world it is one of those things if it shits the bed tomorrow I would buy another one same day hope this helps. Seems nice to send snow to the neighbors and let them deal with it.