which implement

91redfrod

Equipment
B7200
Oct 23, 2012
Vernonia
I have been getting some good seat time on my B7200, it is my first tractor, i have been working new ground for a veggie garden plot, the top layer of grass and turf is thick and rough, i mowed it and then ran a middle buster all over the plot, then the tiller back and forth, it's gonna need some raking to remove clumps of weeds and root material...is there a good implement for this job or is it a good teenager project...as if i could make that work to my standards...anyway were getting a week more nice sunny weather out west and i want to plant before that changes...should i try a landscape rake or what is made local called a jake rake...or? thanks for any advice....I love my orange bull.:D

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
I have been getting some good seat time on my B7200, it is my first tractor, i have been working new ground for a veggie garden plot, the top layer of grass and turf is thick and rough, i mowed it and then ran a middle buster all over the plot, then the tiller back and forth, it's gonna need some raking to remove clumps of weeds and root material...is there a good implement for this job or is it a good teenager project...as if i could make that work to my standards...anyway were getting a week more nice sunny weather out west and i want to plant before that changes...should i try a landscape rake or what is made local called a jake rake...or? thanks for any advice....I love my orange bull.:D
91RedFrod:

You're in Vernonia. Mostly clay, some rocks. If you can get your hands on a box blade, put the scarifiers down to remove the sod easily and nicely.

To pick it all up and clear, if you can get a Spring Tooth harrow, it will pull out and up most of the rest of it. Your loader will finish the job and you can till it up without re-planting the grass and weeds you just dug up.

We used a Spring tooth to remove some berries and brush also. In fact, it is all cleaned up now and garden is beautiful.

If you want, I have the Spring tooth for sale $125. Location...Goldendale, WA.

Burt

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
91RedFrod:

You're in Vernonia. Mostly clay, some rocks. If you can get your hands on a box blade, put the scarifiers down to remove the sod easily and nicely.

To pick it all up and clear, if you can get a Spring Tooth harrow, it will pull out and up most of the rest of it. Your loader will finish the job and you can till it up without re-planting the grass and weeds you just dug up.

We used a Spring tooth to remove some berries and brush also. In fact, it is all cleaned up now and garden is beautiful.

If you want, I have the Spring tooth for sale $125. Location...Goldendale, WA.

Burt
What is a Spring Tooth? If it is an implement that I can use, I may be interested in buying it. I need to remove some blackberry brush and some small cottenwood trees.