Paul has posted some great posts with the creation, progress, videos and functionality of his flail mower.
Not to send his excellent updates off track I’d thought I’d post this as a new post.
I’m wondering why wheels on all for corners of a flail mower wouldn’t work. I know the roller provides even clearance over terrain fluctuations, but if the ground is fairly level why wouldn’t wheels work?
The reason I ask is because I have a DelMorino flail mower and have to lift if when turning. My fields are fairly flat and when I was cutting with a 4 wheeled finish more had no issues. It would be nice to remove the roller and have wheels.
Not to send his excellent updates off track I’d thought I’d post this as a new post.
I’m wondering why wheels on all for corners of a flail mower wouldn’t work. I know the roller provides even clearance over terrain fluctuations, but if the ground is fairly level why wouldn’t wheels work?
The reason I ask is because I have a DelMorino flail mower and have to lift if when turning. My fields are fairly flat and when I was cutting with a 4 wheeled finish more had no issues. It would be nice to remove the roller and have wheels.