Wanted: B7100 Hood

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I thought I had already posted this, but can't find it. The PO of my 7100 dumped a load of rock (or something) over the back of the loader bucket right on the hood above the headlights. It's beat back out, looks like the used a torch to aid the process (shaking head), so while the lights are gone, it's somewhat functional (keeps sun/rain off the mechanicals anyway) and in roughly the right general shape. I'm not a restoration guy, no wax or perfect matching Kubota OEM paint jobs found here. But that crunched hood just bugs me seeing it every time I walk past. And when/if I sell, it will obviously improve "first impressions" and eliminate an obvious dicker point.

Ideally I would like a generally serviceable hood, a bit of character is fine, I would even prefer it very faded so it looks like it belongs there (as long as I'm wishing, and paying...). If you've got one you'll part with, for an appropriate price so shipping doesn't kill the value, let me know, I would like to pick one up (with headlights if possible).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Tibeka

Mar 28, 2013
PA
I have one off of a B6100. Same hood, different decals. It is straight with some surface rust in the front. I was saving it for a spare but I might sell it if the price is right.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
With adding shipping from PA on a "cosmetic" item, it's unlikely my value would measure up with your "price is right". :eek: I'm more looking for someone with a "decent" hood relatively cheap that they may have replaced during a cosmetic build, something they mostly want out of their way and maybe not good enough to sell normally. Something that would look at home on my old tractor rather than raiding someone's spare parts. I know it's not likely I'll find anything suitable, but you never know if you don't ask/post, right?

In any case, it's good to know the 6100 is the same, it expands my options a bit. Thanks.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I've now had 2 hood deals fall through. Last one the guy seemed nice and worked out down to him giving me the final amount to send him (with shipping), then after a few "I'll get it next week" messages, dropped off the face of the earth. <shrug>

Anyway, still looking. Ideally for a used faded but straight hood with lights and emblem. This little tractor would actually be pretty much straight if I could get a decent hood on it.

danmorea

Equipment
kubota b7100 loader/backhoe Kubota B2650 loader John Deere x540
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
I've now had 2 hood deals fall through. Last one the guy seemed nice and worked out down to him giving me the final amount to send him (with shipping), then after a few "I'll get it next week" messages, dropped off the face of the earth. <shrug>

Anyway, still looking. Ideally for a used faded but straight hood with lights and emblem. This little tractor would actually be pretty much straight if I could get a decent hood on it.
ebay got one new for total $350

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I've since decided I'm more interested in fixing this nice (but rough) little tractor up a bit. But no point if I can't replace the hood (this one is just too bad to bother with). So just bringing this to the top in case someone runs across anything. I did try some of the other suggestions, and even had deals agreed on, but they didn't fallow through. Maybe next time.