Used MX5800 vs L5740

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Congratulations! Share some pics…whatever you spent, it doesn’t matter so long as you think you got a fair price…then it’s a good deal…what would that same amount of cash do in the bank in terms of interest and then consider that against real inflation…if you bought for a reasonable price then you made a better investment than putting in the bank. You got an asset that will make your work easier and it will most likely keep its value you paid today and even appreciate.

Reactions: 1 users

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Congrats. I'd change the other fluids ASAP (looking for metal, but I bet you won't find any) and "drive it like you stole it" for the next two weeks to uncover any powertrain issues. Also betting you won't find any.

Excellent,

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Well… I went, I saw, I bought it.

One more question: I have the transmission fluid and filter to change that as well. I’m thinking about adding a third function in front because I really want to have grapple capabilities. Would it be best to do the third function install and then change fluid?

Lastly, I found out I have two more weeks of the 6 year powertrain warranty. Ha!
Sounds awesome .... congratulations! Looking forward to photos.

You might be aware of this but there are two hydraulic oil filters to change, one for the transmission specifically and one for the hydraulic oil. Personally, I'd install the 3rd function and then change the hydraulic fluid and filters.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Well… I went, I saw, I bought
Glad its all working out. I would probably install the third function valve and then change the hyd fluid and the two filters. Don't forget to pull the engine air filters and check them. With range shift I try to be on level ground with no pressure on the drive train when I shift the range.

Reactions: 1 user

Tyvmmm

Equipment
MX5800, Z724x
Feb 7, 2023
NC
Sounds awesome .... congratulations! Looking forward to photos.

You might be aware of this but there are two hydraulic oil filters to change, one for the transmission specifically and one for the hydraulic oil. Personally, I'd install the 3rd function and then change the hydraulic fluid and filters.
Yeah, I wondered about that when I looked at the machine. I had already purchased the transmission fluid and filter, and then when I got home I realized there was an additional filter. I’ll pick that one up for when I do the job. Thanks!