Transmission fluid gauge

elkhound

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3000DT
Oct 8, 2010
Wilkesboro N.C.
Last September i bought a 2001 L3000DT. A couple of months ago i had the transmission oil changed and the strainer type filter cleaned. When we put the new oil in we filled it to just over 3/4 of the way up on the peep sight gauge on the left hand side of the transmission.

Now as the days are getting warmer the little air pocket is getting smaller. Yesterday it was near 60 and the air pocket was as small as it could get and still be. No doubt with warmer days it will disappear completely. When this happens do i need to drain a little of the fluid out, or is everything o.k.?

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Last September i bought a 2001 L3000DT. A couple of months ago i had the transmission oil changed and the strainer type filter cleaned. When we put the new oil in we filled it to just over 3/4 of the way up on the peep sight gauge on the left hand side of the transmission.

Now as the days are getting warmer the little air pocket is getting smaller. Yesterday it was near 60 and the air pocket was as small as it could get and still be. No doubt with warmer days it will disappear completely. When this happens do i need to drain a little of the fluid out, or is everything o.k.?
Do you store it outside? It is a little unusual for it to change much with just air temp.
If it has spent anytime out in the weather I would suspect water in the system.
Does it appear foamy or milky?

elkhound

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3000DT
Oct 8, 2010
Wilkesboro N.C.
Thanks for the reply kuboman. The man i bought it from always kept it parked in a shed. Since i've had it it has been parked on the carport. When we drained the fluid no signs of water. And none in the new.