Trailering a L47 TLB

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The sad thing is that any/every law should NOT be 'open for interpretation'.
It needs to have clear language so no MISinterpretation is possible.

yup, I 'live in a dream world....

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
I'm picking up a used L47 on Monday! Just wondering if you have suggestions for the best places to tie it down to the trailer. Does it have tie downs?, use the axle, etc.

Thank you for any pointers!
I am decidedly late to this thread, but thought I would share how I brought my L48 home:

IMG_2404.jpeg

It was rented from a local rental yard. I can't remember how long the trailer was, but the L48 fit nicely. The trailer was rated at 14,000 lb and had an electric over hydraulic tilt deck. It towed like a dream and loading/unloading was really sweet. My F350 is rated at 8,800 lb. I was comfortably below the 26,000 lb gross combined weight threshold. I would love to own this trailer, but unfortunately I cannot justify buying it.

Anyway, have a great Labor Day all!

Doug

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am decidedly late to this thread, but thought I would share how I brought my L48 home:

View attachment 110752

It was rented from a local rental yard. I can't remember how long the trailer was, but the L48 fit nicely. The trailer was rated at 14,000 lb and had an electric over hydraulic tilt deck. It towed like a dream and loading/unloading was really sweet. My F350 is rated at 8,800 lb. I was comfortably below the 26,000 lb gross combined weight threshold. I would love to own this trailer, but unfortunately I cannot justify buying it.

Anyway, have a great Labor Day all!

Doug
Really nice clean looking L48 TLB.
BTW: Is using only a single tie down chain at each end legal in your state?

I have a 2006 model that I bought from original owner 4 years ago, with 251 hours.
I have fluffed and buffed mine (repainted fenders, wheels, and buckets, replaced seat, etc.), looks like new.
She is my baby!

Maybe am having even more fun now though.
Have negotiated an M62 buy on the phone, for a 65 year old friend, who is about to contract his $2M+ home/dock building project.

He asked me to help him buy a machine.
I will check it out for him on Saturday.

He started out with a B26 TLB idea, (WAY too small) passed through an L47 TLB idea (I thought - OK), but our offer on a 2021 - 295 hour M62 TLB has now been agreed to.
BIG bucks,.......but luckily, he has got lotsa $$$$!

I get to pick out HIS machine, but.....he pays for it.:)
My friend lives 1,000 miles from me.
He will first see his machine when it gets delivered to his lot, later this month.
Oh, what a magnificent thing that 2021 M62 is!

Friend has never run a TLB,.......but has flown an F-14 at mach one, or better, above the seas of the world.
I am quite certain that he will readily master the M62.

Last edited:

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM

I have a 2006 model that I bought from original owner 4 years ago, with 251 hours.
I have fluffed and buffed mine (repainted fenders, wheels, and buckets, replaced seat, etc.), looks like new.
She is my baby!

Have negotiated an M62 buy on the phone, for a 65 year old friend, who is about to contract his $2M+ home/dock building project.

He started out with a B26 TLB idea, (WAY too small) passed through an L47 TLB idea (I thought - OK), but our offer on a 2021 - 295 hour M62 TLB has now been agreed to.

He will first see his machine when it gets delivered to his lot, later this month.

Friend has never run a TLB,.......but has flown an F-14 at mach one, or better, above the seas of the world.
Tell him not to do any carrier landings with the loader

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

She is my baby!

I bet the TLB doesn’t handle quite the same in a barrel roll. But that would be a sweet TLB.

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
Fried- thanks for the compliment. It seems to be a petty good machine. It does not look as nice as yours does up close- by a long shot. At least by the pictures you sent me a month or two ago when we were discussing the additional hydraulics on your L48 compared to mine.

Concerning the chain tie downs, I am not up on the intricacies of the DOT rules around here. My other tractor is much smaller- a John Deere 855. I have always tied it down the same way as the L48 was and have never experienced a problem with the state authorities. It may be a function of I just don't haul the tractor around much, so there are not many chances to be noticed by law enforcement.

Have a great day all,
Doug

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Fried- thanks for the compliment. It seems to be a petty good machine. It does not look as nice as yours does up close- by a long shot. At least by the pictures you sent me a month or two ago when we were discussing the additional hydraulics on your L48 compared to mine.

Concerning the chain tie downs, I am not up on the intricacies of the DOT rules around here. My other tractor is much smaller- a John Deere 855. I have always tied it down the same way as the L48 was and have never experienced a problem with the state authorities. It may be a function of I just don't haul the tractor around much, so there are not many chances to be noticed by law enforcement.

Have a great day all,
Doug
You will love your L48 TLB.

I am really having fun now.
Have a friend who knows nothing about TLBs, but wants an M62.
I found him a 2021 with exceptionally low hours (not a rental).
Big bucks!
HE is buying it, and I am arranging the deal & shipping (500 miles).

It is as a favor for him,......no $$$$ in it for me,..... nothing, but the love of the chase! :)