Toolbox ideas for L4060HST-C

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Please share back your result with pics and part numbers. Have a safe day.
They did not work for me. 3.625" diameter. Your loader may be larger hole if you have the 60 hp mx. you may need a 4 inch. if so those are ez to come by.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You got me there(and I know we’ll enough base on your posts and machine/add on/implement selection you have to be kidding…thank you we all need a laugh)….but seriously Even a trap door in the deck or something…I understand that water, crud and shit run down hill but I believe the engineers at orange are capable to design a bin under some portion of cover that can keep crud out. I think it reasonable for the OEM to consider that most customer want to carry a couple tools.
What I did to my MX.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
What I did to my MX.
That’s awesome. I wish I had a simple solution like that. I have a BH and I suspect a box in that location would be in the way. As a matter of fact that big grey bullet proof box the dealer threw in to make the sale is so huge it had to be re located under the right hand side of the deck…it’s awesome it’s like they pimped my tractor with ground effects.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That’s awesome. I wish I had a simple solution like that. I have a BH and I suspect a box in that location would be in the way. As a matter of fact that big grey bullet proof box the dealer threw in to make the sale is so huge it had to be re located under the right hand side of the deck…it’s awesome it’s like they pimped my tractor with ground effects.
Yeah, I don’t think my solution would work with a backhoe. Something to consider: maybe a steel bracket mounted where a right hand step would go. Then mount an ammo can there.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
My B2410 the BH is on has a box under the seat, but all I have in the cab on the L4060 is on the left side, and it is not ideal for tools and stuff. I keep gloves and lynch pins in it.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
My B2410 the BH is on has a box under the seat, but all I have in the cab on the L4060 is on the left side, and it is not ideal for tools and stuff. I keep gloves and lynch pins in it.
I hear you. Dealer left a bunch in mine in that cubby along with mauals. I put those where they belong. I finished mine today.
Here are pics, put those Pats quick hitch couplers on as well. Not sure what i think yet.
Not much easier really. Those are 16 inch channel locks.
20220413_152743.jpg

20220413_170325.jpg
20220413_170528.jpg
20220413_170657.jpg

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I start going through my stuff and find an aluminum angle that is the perfect size. Then I check it with the can, Yep it would fit, BUT, too thin to support the weight, I feel it would twist in motion and smack the glass behind it. Going to get an 1/8" thick aluminum one instead. I want to use aluminum instead of steel since it wont rust, and will be easier to work with back there.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I start going through my stuff and find an aluminum angle that is the perfect size. Then I check it with the can, Yep it would fit, BUT, too thin to support the weight, I feel it would twist in motion and smack the glass behind it. Going to get an 1/8" thick aluminum one instead. I want to use aluminum instead of steel since it wont rust, and will be easier to work with back there.
I went with flat same reason that bottom glass pane. It is glass too.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I got a box mounted, but need a brace at the bottom as it wiggles too much. I first need to find out the thread size for those holes on the right above the remotes, perfect place to attach a brace.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I got a box mounted, but need a brace at the bottom as it wiggles too much. I first need to find out the thread size for those holes on the right above the remotes, perfect place to attach a brace.
Yep saw that too. I ended up outting vertical and 1 horizontal braces up to flat. Like for saddle bag on bike. Used 2 old 90 degree angle brace to make it. Didnt get pics but 4 bolts in box., attatched to the flat. No more wiggle.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I did similar to above for my MX. Had an old Stanley tool box lying around and drilled out holes in the bottom to match where the OEM box was. Added a couple washers and reused the OEM bolts. Lots more storage and literally free.

IMG_9906.jpg

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I recently installed a tool box on my B7200. I used an ammo box from Princess Auto up here. Should have done it years ago.

20220205_165053.jpg

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I did similar to above for my MX. Had an old Stanley tool box lying around and drilled out holes in the bottom to match where the OEM box was. Added a couple washers and reused the OEM bolts. Lots more storage and literally free.

View attachment 78543
Color Coordinated as well (y)

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I had some extra holes in my ROPS, so I didn't have to do any modifications to it. I made a couple reversible brackets that would solidly mount a 50 cal ammo can level on each side. So far, I've only needed the one on the LH side which works well since I can only mount the tractor from the left. The joystick on the LX is VERY much in the way on the right. As soon as I'm off the step, I can reach the box. I keep a pair of slip-joint pliers, a 10 inch adjustable wrench, a rubber mallet, and a couple rags in that. I left the original plastic box on it for now behind the SMV placard to put all the different pins in that because it's close to where I need them.

IMG_2569.JPG

I painted both the bracket and box orange shortly after this photo. I used nylock nuts on the bolts for the bracket so even if they get loose the box won't fall off. It would likely wind up under the tire, and that would be an EXPENSIVE lesson. IIRC, they were 3" 1/4-20 bolts, or I may have been picky and got some metric hardware close to the same size (M6). I also had some 1/4-20 TapTite (self threading) screws that I used to attach the front and rear corners of the box to the bracket so it wouldn't vibrate and get loose. You can see the end of one of the TapTites in the square tube. So far, still rock solid after nearly 2 years. I keep one terry cloth rag in the bottom of the box to keep the tools from eating the paint off the bottom and if it gets wet, it's a simple matter to dry it back out pretty quick.

I still have another can and bracket, and it will hold my 20 foot 3/8" chain quite handily. But that's pretty high up to lift that much heavy chain when you've had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders. My days of lifting heavy things over my head are done. I don't carry much stuff on my tractor because I'm simply not very far from my shop anywhere on my small property.

There is another pair of similar holes in my ROPS up higher (above the hinge point), and I'm considering moving the SMV placard up there with a bracket of some sort because it sort of hides the DEEEEluxe plastic box that Kubota spent so much money to engineer and produce. I don't ever run my tractor on the road, so not sure why I keep the SMV on it. At least it would be out of the way up there. The only problem I can think of is that the SMV might fall off when I put the ROPS down for low clearance. There's no latch on that clip.

Does anyone besides me remember the little metal box on the RH fender of the Ford 8N's? That was my perch when I was a kid learning how to 'tractor' with my step-father's dad driving. I was a city boy until I went to the farm when I was 12. I learned the value of a tractor VERY quickly, and more so, the value of a few basic tools on the tractor, especially when you're off in the woods somewhere and lose a pin or need to tighten something up because it vibrated loose. IIRC, the IH Farmall Cub had a small box on the RH side as well, just under the seat on the platform, but didn't have a top on it. They just poked holes in the bottom to let rain water out instead. Functional, but tools rusted rather quickly in it.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Some pics I took. Check out those little plastic cans, perfect fit in the cab, just need some velcro to hold them in place.

Attachments

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I had some extra holes in my ROPS, so I didn't have to do any modifications to it. I made a couple reversible brackets that would solidly mount a 50 cal ammo can level on each side. So far, I've only needed the one on the LH side which works well since I can only mount the tractor from the left. The joystick on the LX is VERY much in the way on the right. As soon as I'm off the step, I can reach the box. I keep a pair of slip-joint pliers, a 10 inch adjustable wrench, a rubber mallet, and a couple rags in that. I left the original plastic box on it for now behind the SMV placard to put all the different pins in that because it's close to where I need them.

View attachment 78615

I painted both the bracket and box orange shortly after this photo. I used nylock nuts on the bolts for the bracket so even if they get loose the box won't fall off. It would likely wind up under the tire, and that would be an EXPENSIVE lesson. IIRC, they were 3" 1/4-20 bolts, or I may have been picky and got some metric hardware close to the same size (M6). I also had some 1/4-20 TapTite (self threading) screws that I used to attach the front and rear corners of the box to the bracket so it wouldn't vibrate and get loose. You can see the end of one of the TapTites in the square tube. So far, still rock solid after nearly 2 years. I keep one terry cloth rag in the bottom of the box to keep the tools from eating the paint off the bottom and if it gets wet, it's a simple matter to dry it back out pretty quick.

I still have another can and bracket, and it will hold my 20 foot 3/8" chain quite handily. But that's pretty high up to lift that much heavy chain when you've had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders. My days of lifting heavy things over my head are done. I don't carry much stuff on my tractor because I'm simply not very far from my shop anywhere on my small property.

There is another pair of similar holes in my ROPS up higher (above the hinge point), and I'm considering moving the SMV placard up there with a bracket of some sort because it sort of hides the DEEEEluxe plastic box that Kubota spent so much money to engineer and produce. I don't ever run my tractor on the road, so not sure why I keep the SMV on it. At least it would be out of the way up there. The only problem I can think of is that the SMV might fall off when I put the ROPS down for low clearance. There's no latch on that clip.

Does anyone besides me remember the little metal box on the RH fender of the Ford 8N's? That was my perch when I was a kid learning how to 'tractor' with my step-father's dad driving. I was a city boy until I went to the farm when I was 12. I learned the value of a tractor VERY quickly, and more so, the value of a few basic tools on the tractor, especially when you're off in the woods somewhere and lose a pin or need to tighten something up because it vibrated loose. IIRC, the IH Farmall Cub had a small box on the RH side as well, just under the seat on the platform, but didn't have a top on it. They just poked holes in the bottom to let rain water out instead. Functional, but tools rusted rather quickly in it.
I remember the 8n toolbox. My uncle was my tutor. Had a golden Jubilee. Plus Massey Fergusons and Farmall. Long way from today's tractors.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I found some 3/4 by 1/8 strapping and made a support bracket, attached it to the remote bracket on the cab, and 2 10/24 bolts. No more bouncing. Next up, sprayer controls, going to go pick up a 3 valve system.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I found some 3/4 by 1/8 strapping and made a support bracket, attached it to the remote bracket on the cab, and 2 10/24 bolts. No more bouncing. Next up, sprayer controls, going to go pick up a 3 valve system.
Nice !!!

muttbarker

Equipment
Kubota L4060 HST, Snowblower, FEL, Rear Blade, 60" Grapple, 6' Bush Hog, Forks
Jan 24, 2022
Oakley, Utah
I think Paul Short did one in one of his videos if that helps. If you have a BH on though if I remember correctly, it won’t fit. I move my BH seat to the alternate mounting holes to give me more leg room, so it’s even tighter access now at back of cab.

I’ll be following this thread though, toolbox 🧰 would be nice. Good luck.
Paul Short does have a good one - link is here https://specialtyrepairscustommods.com/60-series-(-cab-)-tool-box

I bought it and love it.