tire ??

logan

Equipment
Kubota B7800 w?fel
Jan 7, 2010
US
just noticed this morning that my front tires 23 8.50 14 are Titans and the rear 12/4/16 are Good Year same company.Is this common to have 2 different names? also the back are in OK shape, although they are plugged a number of times and has a tube in one because of a large gash . The fronts are pretty well worn measuring from the ground they are worn somewhere around 22 to 22 1/2 a new one I checked was 23. ? Can I just replace the fronts or is this not a good Idea 4WD Hydro on a B7800.

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
If you're talking about tires as they come on the tractor from Kubota then I think it's pretty common to have differing make tires front to back. Mine has Firestone on back and another cheaper brand on the front.

As far as replacing tires in general, and this is what I do for myself YMMV.... I try to always replace each axle as a pair, i.e. the two front as a pair and the two back as a pair. The only time this can be problematic is if you have a catastrophic failure of a single tire. Luckily that doesn't happen too often. But the point being especially with the 4x4 and different make tires they do wear at different rates.