Tiller

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
My hobby is gardening, and I have three gardens that I plant. They are not huge, but enough that getting ready to plant is time consuming and labor intensive. I bought a used 3 pt Case/IH tiller a couple of weeks ago, and love it!! It is a 52" tiller that I use behind my B7800. The tractor handled it without any effort. I made 3 passes to about half of my largest garden, and only took 2 1/2 hrs, compared to days of work before the 3 pt tiller. Another advantage to this method is that I did this after the sun went down. I just turned on the tractor lights and kept going. I know my neighbor probably thought I was nuts!! I was ready to plant!! I planted 12 rows of corn, and four rows of beans the next morning. Today it rained. I'm all smiles!! :)

Brad

91redfrod

Equipment
B7200
Oct 23, 2012
Vernonia
I sure can relate, this is my first year using a tractor for the garden and the tiller is such a labor saver i am thinking of developing more garden space. when i bought my machio tiller in December off craigslist she rolled her eyes....now she is all smiles, tractor farming rocks! :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together!!! :D

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
My first year as well with the tractor tiller. It's almost not fair. Now the plan will come together only if everything grows :)