Third time is the charm!

BBXB

Equipment
B2601, FEL, Bush Hog, York Rake, Snow Plow
Jul 7, 2015
Otsego Co., NY
I purchased my first orange machine in 1999, a used 1987 B8200 with a 60" hydraulic snow blade, 72" York rake and new 48" Bush Hog Squealer. I thought that was all the machine I'd ever need for maintaining my 30 acre property consisting of about 5 acres of overgrown meadow and 25 acres of woodlot. That was until I walked in to my local dealer 5 years later and fell head over heels for the BX23TLB on the show room floor. Central NY winters convinced me that I desperately needed a FEL once the snow banks froze solid and the lure of a backhoe was too enticing to pass up. 10 years, a lot of back surgery and 1100 hours later I realized I needed something bigger, easier and more flexible. Dropping the backhoe, installing the 3-point and attaching the Bush Hog was an hour long operation which left me dripping in sweat. The light duty Cat 1 3-point struggled with the 48" Bush Hog almost as much as I did, so the meadow only got shredded once a year at best. And the backhoe? Well, it was handy for a while, but underpowered. After digging on a stump for 6 hours and finally breaking it loose, it often required a come-along to assist in getting it out of the hole. It was becoming apparent that I needed a tractor with more ground ability and that I'd pretty much dug all the holes I needed to dig. When the NEW local dealer started showing their wares, my interest started growing. Last week I said hello to a new B2601 with FEL and quick tach hydraulic snow blade with 3rd function valve and bye to the BX23. With only 6 hours on the clock, I'm sure I've made the right decision having resurfaced my driveway and having moved several tons of firewood. And changing implements is a 5 minute job with slide and pin system on the 3-point. I'm looking forward to learning from this forum instead of using the "seat of the pants" approach I've used for the past 15 years.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT BBXB. I guess my only surprise is that you didn't go even bigger, to a cabbed "L".

BBXB

Equipment
B2601, FEL, Bush Hog, York Rake, Snow Plow
Jul 7, 2015
Otsego Co., NY
Welcome to OTT BBXB. I guess my only surprise is that you didn't go even bigger, to a cabbed "L".
If only the budget would have permitted. Never mind the height of the tool shed. Besides, what's the point of bunny boots and Carhartts if you never get to put them to the test. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah but witht cab you could wear your BUNNY SLIPPERS and boxers,,,
no wait,, omg I don't want to see that :eek::eek::eek:, Im going to have nightmares about that now