"The Thumb" on LA 364 loader bucket

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Didn't see many posts on thumb's mounted to loader buckets, so I thought I'd post this about green-machine's The Thumb. I bought the 28" it was $429 shipped.
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, thinking I'd have some time to get everything ready to mount it before it got here, but it was here in 3 days but took me until yesterday to get everything finished.
I choose to mount it above the bucket on a 3"x3" box tubing since the base is 3" & attached it to 1/4"side plates that I bolted to the side of the bucket like a saw the W.R. Long add a grapple attach, I thought it was the best way to not add a lot more stress and damage the bucket, there not very thick or have a heavy lip on top.
I have a lot of underbrush to clean up and small trees that have fallen so mostly it's lightweight stuff so the added weight of the grapple isn't a big issue for what I need and it detaches easily with 3 pins.
I used it about an hour this morning and man did it do a great job grabbing big piles of briars and vines I had pushed up a couple of weeks ago but had no way to scoop them up to move them. Kubota should have one of these available as an option because I can see I'm going to use it a lot!

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Nice job on your part. Does the cost you quoted include the diverter valve and all hoses?

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
No, hoses are not included. Or the diverter or however you power it, I'm actually running it off me rear remote lever for now, I may add a diverter just for this later, I didn't know how simple and cheap the diverter would be to install to power this from the original loader valve when I started.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Got some hose brackets made up yesterday and mounted. A little scrap 16 ga metal bent for the base, a 3/16 piece with holes to mount the bulkhead fittings in and a small piece of rubber with 2 hose clamps.
It is much more rigid than I first thought it would be. Helps keep my hoses off the ground and the fitting from rubbing the paint off the loader cross tube.
I've got another one mounted on the loader mount under the floor board for when I remove the loader.

Attachments

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
My new 2620 will look like yours very soon, some sort of grapple will be the first modification ( i already have the pieces for a bucket level indicator stick so i wont count that) Did you mount the rear remote hydos yourself? any chance you could take a picture where they tap in? Im waiting on my dealer to give me a quote on the rear kit but I'm prob going the diverter route for the grapple.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 11, 2012
NC
I posted the parts diag. In the other thread on the rear remotes. I plan on adding the diverter for the grapple very soon myself and have the 2 remotes for the rear.