Stuck banjo bolt

olympus

Equipment
B3200
Jul 21, 2012
montesano wa
I have a B3200 with about 60hrs on it. today while useing the tractor the metal hydraulic line under the seat area sprung a leak and was shooting fluid all over.The big bolt about 1 inch head came off no promblem the one in the rear 14mm will not budge, I even tried a small impact on it will not move at all? Anybody had the same promblem?

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have a B3200 with about 60hrs on it. today while useing the tractor the metal hydraulic line under the seat area sprung a leak and was shooting fluid all over.The big bolt about 1 inch head came off no promblem the one in the rear 14mm will not budge, I even tried a small impact on it will not move at all? Anybody had the same promblem?
I would caution the use of impact on this stuff. Best bet is a real good tight fitting six point socket and and then lean into it. If I remember correct it is a steel bolt into an aluminum housing so they tend to weld together. High impacts might crack the housing. Heat from a hair dryer or heat gun applied to the area might help too.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
Rap the head of the banjo bolt with a brass hammer a few times. This usually breaks the bolt loose. Don't kill it but strike it. You want to be somewhat careful putting excessive force on a wrench trying to remove it. If the threads are stuck then you can twist off the hollow bolt.