SSV65 Electrical Issues

BirdieBalls

Equipment
2018 SSV65
Oct 16, 2023
Middle USA
I bought a 2018 SSV65 with 1200 hrs. I got it cheap because there was a 021 code indicating 5v short. I’ve now removed the wire harness and pulled the pins from the ECU that I suspect to have a short. I have it hooked up to a 12v battery and now I get a 023 code which the WSM says is from attempting to jump from a 24v source.

when I test voltage on various circuits I get unexpected results. The fuel sensor currently shows 0.7volts being sent to the sensor.

I’m scratching my head on this one.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I've not made it secret I think Kubota hangs unnecessarily complicated electronics on their equipment. Even their dealers can't fix the computers so just replace them,I doubt you'll find any shade trees that have figured a way around it.

BirdieBalls

Equipment
2018 SSV65
Oct 16, 2023
Middle USA
I've not made it secret I think Kubota hangs unnecessarily complicated electronics on their equipment. Even their dealers can't fix the computers so just replace them,I doubt you'll find any shade trees that have figured a way around it.
It’s hard to disagree. There isn’t very good documentation or detailed explanations of the electronics to be found. Even the WSM isn’t complete and has numerous errors in connector numbers.

BR928S4

Equipment
SSV65
Mar 21, 2024
I bought a 2018 SSV65 with 1200 hrs. I got it cheap because there was a 021 code indicating 5v short. I’ve now removed the wire harness and pulled the pins from the ECU that I suspect to have a short. I have it hooked up to a 12v battery and now I get a 023 code which the WSM says is from attempting to jump from a 24v source.

when I test voltage on various circuits I get unexpected results. The fuel sensor currently shows 0.7volts being sent to the sensor.

I’m scratching my head on this one.
I am having the exact same problem with a 2017 SSV65. Error code 021. Did you ever find the the problem and fix it?

BirdieBalls

Equipment
2018 SSV65
Oct 16, 2023
Middle USA
I am having the exact same problem with a 2017 SSV65. Error code 021. Did you ever find the the problem and fix it?
I haven’t figured it out yet. So far I have replaced the main ECU, ECU plug and the accelerator dial. I have found that if I disconnect the accelerator then I get a 023 code. As soon as I plug in the connector I get the 021. The new sensor acts the same. I dont seem to have a short on the accelerator sensor wires.

What are your symptoms?

BR928S4

Equipment
SSV65
Mar 21, 2024
I haven’t figured it out yet. So far I have replaced the main ECU, ECU plug and the accelerator dial. I have found that if I disconnect the accelerator then I get a 023 code. As soon as I plug in the connector I get the 021. The new sensor acts the same. I dont seem to have a short on the accelerator sensor wires.

What are your symptoms?
I determined that there was no +5V supplied by the main ECU. There was no short in the harness.
The accelerator dial should have +5V on pin 4 and ground on pin 3. Pins 1 and 2 are the sensor outputs to the ECU. Check the resistance to ground on all pins. Only the ground pin should show low resistance.
If you unplug the ECU connector all pins should have high resistance.
After replacing the main ECU I was getting +5V again and my problem cleared up.
The other two sensors using +5V are the Aux thumbwheel, on the right handle ,and hydraulic oil pressure transducer.
Someone had cut the wires on the Aux thumbwheel and I think that shorted the +5V and eventually killed the supply in the ECU.