Squeaking Fender

steamengine

Equipment
B7500
Apr 9, 2014
Springdale, AR
I recently purchased a B7500 and have only been on it about 4 hours, mostly mowing. The right fender feels loose compared to the left and squeaks when using the grab handle which is driving me nuts. I've looked at the parts diagram and see that the fender only has 2-3 connection points unless I'm missing something. Haven't had a chance to check to see that the hardware is tight yet but was hoping for suggestions and to make sure I haven't overlooked something. Thanks.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I don't know your model but I can offer my experience.

On our two Kubotas we've had to get the fender loose. On ours the fenders are bolted to everything else---floorboard, control mount brackets, axle housing.

If I remember right one most recent has 12 bolts per side plus two brackets for gear and 3-point (3-6 bolts each), and two large (~1-inch but metric) headed bolts tying to axle housing.

In short, I'd keep looking for 'hidden' fasteners.

Otherwise, just tighten 'er up, using washers as spacers if required and if you can. If you're going to do that, remove the nuts and use a quality thread lube on the bolt threads. Makes next time in a few years a lot easier.

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
also look for stress cracks, squeaks can be caused by a crack flexing and it might be the piece behind as well.