Snowblower/quick attach lifting question. 1860g

OrangeinMN

Equipment
2003 1860G 54" deck 48" snowblower
Mar 11, 2015
Saint Cloud
I am having an issue with the snow blower lifting mechanism on my tractor. It is much more difficult to lift the blower off of the ground with the lever than it seems it should be. The machine in question is the TG2746 Snowblower on a 2003 1860g with the 2739 male quick hitch and subframe. I have looked at the documentation I have and I can't find anything about the front lift assist mechanism. There is a chain with an eye bolt connected to a cam type mechanism hanging loose on the front. I see there is a hole in the quick attach that it appears the eye bolt may have been mounted. Is this correct? I also seem to be having difficulty figuring out which way the chain and cam should be rotated in order i=for it to function. If anyone has a picture of what it looks like when functioning and/or some tips about it I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Sorry, OrangeinMN, I'm not understanding what you're describing. I'm only piping up because so many folks have read your post and not commented; maybe some pics of what you're trying to figure out would help those of us who aren't intimately familiar with the issue you're having.

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
I feel your pain, OrangeinMN...

A few months ago I picked up the same blower for my TG1860G, which I got new in 1998. And even with the manual, installing it was a bit of a head scratcher.
My TG being 16 years old, the gas cylinders that help lift the mower deck, and now the blower, were getting kinda weak, requiring more arm muscle.
So I spent $100 for 2 new gas cylinders... blower was still hard to lift.
I played with the chain/eye-bolt thingy you mention, while that helps if you turn up the nut on the bottom a lot, then the blower doesn't go down all the way, and tends to ride up on the snow drifts. I even drilled some new holes and mounted the old gas cylinders in parallel with the new, that helped a bit.
I think there is no easy solution to this... Kubota re-jigged this blower after a couple of years and came out with the TG2746A, which seems a little different in the area of the lifting mechanism from what I see on the on-line parts breakdown.
Other than that, this blower works great, throws snow 20 feet with ease.

Pete