Smoking Regulator

guilt trip

Equipment
Kubota B6100E tractor, kubota box blade, & 5' bush hog mower.
Jun 23, 2010
central Florida
Yes I did the stupid , I put my battery charger on my tractor with the switch on and when the switch went past the 12amp charging spot to the 75 amp cranking the voltage smoked my voltage regular . I turned the switch off but not soon enough. I charged the battery and loaded the tractor and went mowed the church park every thing went well no smoking from under the dash . Yesterday I started the tractor and the VR smoker really bad so turned it off disconnected battery and ordered one from Kubota today 93.13 OUCH! so today stupid cost me 93.13, just saying . Don't fall in the same Stupid Hole as I did. From now own I will remove cables and charge Battery then reconnect cables to tractor
:rolleyes:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I am trying to figure out how simply connecting a booster to the battery could cause the voltage regulator to burn up. I have used my booster on many different vehicles including my Kubota with no ill effects. Before you install your new regulator I would check the wiring for shorts (worn insulation rubbing on metal). Also check the AC output of the dynamo before you install the regulator.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Yes I did the stupid , I put my battery charger on my tractor with the switch on and when the switch went past the 12amp charging spot to the 75 amp cranking the voltage smoked my voltage regular . I turned the switch off but not soon enough. I charged the battery and loaded the tractor and went mowed the church park every thing went well no smoking from under the dash . Yesterday I started the tractor and the VR smoker really bad so turned it off disconnected battery and ordered one from Kubota today 93.13 OUCH! so today stupid cost me 93.13, just saying . Don't fall in the same Stupid Hole as I did. From now own I will remove cables and charge Battery then reconnect cables to tractor
:rolleyes:
Maybe you regulator was the reason that you had to use the battery charger in the first place?

If you cant turn on the switch how could you ever use the "start" function of a battery charger.
I'm of the opinion you had other issues before the battery charger was ever rolled out of the garage.