Show us your Shop and Equipment

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
For an upcoming project, I needed to cut a large (23 3/4") disc from 1/2" UHMW.
My ancient Atlas bandsaw was not big enough for the task, so, first, I made an extension table for it out of some repurposed/recycled 1/2" aluminum.
Then I drilled & tapped it for a shoulder bolt located at the radius of the disc.
Then it was a simple matter to drill the center of the stock for the shoulder bolt, mount a 1/4" x 14 tooth blade, & saw the circle out.
I finished the disc with a 4 1/4" center hole cut on the mill with a trepanning flycutter.

IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Obstreperous

Equipment
L3902
Nov 30, 2023
AZ
I want that old Haas!!! How muxh of the 30HP RPC does it consume?

Dan
I'm pretty much at my limit. I have room in the three phase panel but it would pop the single phase breaker for the converter or 3 phase panel, maybe both if I added more breakers.
Unfortunately my new house already had a 200 amp panel or I would have got a 400 amp panel. 100 amps runs the house with two air conditioners and an all electric house in the AZ desert. 100 amps goes to a single phase panel in the garage. There are two 80 breakers, one for the converter and one for the 3 phase panel for the machines. Also a 30 amp compressor and 20 amp breaker for the mini split air conditioner. The three phase panel has one 30 amp breaker for the Haas and 15 amp for the mill. It sounds like it would be overloaded but I have run all machines and air conditioners at the same time when it was 120 degrees and never popped a breaker in almost 5 years.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This is not what @Lil Foot had in mind but didn’t want to start a thread.

Had to pull some nails in the house and closest hammer was my grandfather’s Estwing leather handle 12 oz Rip Hammer.

He was born 1911. Have no idea of the hammer’s age but guess 70 years give or take.

Has a special place in my garage.

Posted similar picture years ago. That thing has driven 1,000’s of fence staples.

I used to use the claw to cut baler twine before I was allowed to carry a jackknife (4-5 years old).

Still worked like a charm. Can feel his hand’s wear in the leather handle.

Brought up more emotions than I expected…..😳

IMG_6488.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I'd post a picture of my garage, but I am out of Polorid film for my camera. The only thing that I will admit to is that I got a call from "Got Junk" asking if they could use my garage for a future television commercial. I told them that they didn't have enough trucks to take everything away. I pride myself on knowing what is in there and where it is until I have help trying to help me reorganize it to gain more room. When I feel up to it, I list larger items on Craigslist or Marketplace and hope to sell them. Sometimes I get a response and other times not so much.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
RCW- I love estwing tools, although mine are all the newer plastic handles.
Old thread:

I've even added a couple more since then. :)

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
RCW- I love estwing tools, although mine are all the newer plastic handles.
Old thread:

I've even added a couple more since then. :)
I’d forgotten about that thread. I contributed but also have a hatchet and camp axe. 👍

I think you or someone else also had an old tools thread that was neat.

Your Shop and Equipment was easier for me to find as I’m enamored with all of the metal-working machines you guys have.

My apologies for the detour. Back to your regularly scheduled program ….

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'd post a picture of my garage, but I am out of Polorid film for my camera. The only thing that I will admit to is that I got a call from "Got Junk" asking if they could use my garage for a future television commercial. I told them that they didn't have enough trucks to take everything away. I pride myself on knowing what is in there and where it is until I have help trying to help me reorganize it to gain more room. When I feel up to it, I list larger items on Craigslist or Marketplace and hope to sell them. Sometimes I get a response and other times not so much.
DITTO !!!!

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Wired the mill using a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) to get 3-phase power. It ran fine but the head was a little noisy. The plastic bushings and key in the variable speed pulley were worn causing the pulley to rattle. I epoxied new bushings into the pulley and made a new bronze key. Today, I got the mill back together and it’s much quieter.

IMG_2306.jpeg IMG_2315.jpeg

I set up a couple of toolboxes on a table in front of the mill.

IMG_2316.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users