Shipping Container Pad/Foundation

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
NICE! gotta wonder HOW the can got dropped with trees so close to it.
Thanks. The delivery truck driver was good, but the spot was tight. He looked at my location marks, and told me he could center it between the trees and put it too far back, or get it right front to back but crooked side to side. I chose centered. Then I jacked it up, set it on 4x4s with a sheet of plastic on each corner, and moved it with a high lift jack. Then it was just a matter of replacing the 4x4s with concrete pads and shimming it level with some of that recycled plastic deck & fence board.
RRIMG_0004 copy.jpg RRIMG_0005 copy.jpg

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Don't work here. Against the zoning ordinance.
Makes you wonder who actually owns the property. :(

But of course you do so that you can pay property taxes so that the governing folks can make more ordinances so that you can pay more taxes so that they can get paid to make more ordinances so that.........

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Makes you wonder who actually owns the property. :(

But of course you do so that you can pay property taxes so that the governing folks can make more ordinances so that you can pay more taxes so that they can get paid to make more ordinances so that.........
Not really. Zoning protects property owners from non conforming uses. Without zoning for instance, you can have a 150 grand home with a trailer on the next lot or a pig farm next to a church and so on.Under our zoning ordinance shipping containers are considered a non conforming use and if you want a non conforming use, you have to petition the zoning board of appeals to rule on it.

I have no issue with it. it keeps your investment (property and dwelling worth something and it keeps the riff raff out.

Next community west of us is not zoned and it's a wreck. You have a nice house and the next lot has an old RV with people living in it. I don't want that and no one that owns, pays taxes and mortgage payments on their 'piece of heaven' wants it either.

Zoning protects property owners plain and simple.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Didn't seem that way to me so I explained my position on zoned versus not zoned.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Sir, did you not notice the merry go round and round and round......... ?? I too am a property owner.

You have surely read enough of my replies to know that I do not enter into anything other than lighthearted humor. I offer my apology if it seemed otherwise.

Dylan.christopher

Equipment
MX5200
Jun 20, 2020
Georgia
Didn't seem that way to me so I explained my position on zoned versus not zoned.
Sir, did you not notice the merry go round and round and round......... ?? I too am a property owner.

You have surely read enough of my replies to know that I do not enter into anything other than lighthearted humor. I offer my apology if it seemed otherwise.

MMMMM, you may have a different opinion on that if you were the one in the RV. If its your property that you pay/paid for, I say you should be able to put whatever you want on it. My feelings shouldn't override your right to do with your property as you please.

Reactions: 1 user