Shift problems on l295 dt

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
My l295dt will not shift into the higher low range gears or the higher high range gears . All i have is the lowest 2 gears in each and reverse . Is it possible a fork has slipped out of place or am i facing a broken fork ? Any tips for removing the top trans cover and lining everything back up to put it back together ? Any diagrams on what it looks like inside there

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just pull the 5 screws and lift the shifters/cover. I seem to recollect that sometimes a rod(s) slips out of place and a fork won't engage the tip of the shift lever. The 'search' didn't help me this time.
Go to> http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx
enter your model, expand [+] the "speed change lever", select 'main shift fork'.
If a rod is dislodged you may have to go fishing for the retaining ball(s), time for a gear-oil change anyway right?

MikeL

Equipment
L185F L245DT L1200 L1700 L235 L4530B
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
From my personal experience of doing the shift fork for the 3-4th shaft, I suggest you bring 10" long fingers and some very good work lights to this project. When you pop off the cover you will need to get the 2 transmission shift forks in place and then pop the pto shift fork on the buttons for those forks. Check before buying any new forks because the high speed can jump if it is mis-handled.