S1000 Rotovator

iain7391

Equipment
B6200D Tractor, KM190 Back Hoe, S1000 Rotovator, Oxdale PTO-400 Log Splitter
Good afternoon all,

I just thought I would share with you some photos of my S1000 rotovator with you and a recent mod which I have made (but not yet fitted) to my B6200D tractor.

The S1000 rotovator is designed to fit on the back of the B series tractors by means of a sub-frame, purchased separately from Kubota back in the day, but no longer available. I purchased this rotovator for the princely sum of £150 last summer, not knowing at the time that it does not yoke up to the tractor via the 3 point linkage. This led me to start trawling the internet to try and find any information I could on this piece of equipment. Now, while RS850, RS1100 and RS1300 models seem to be fairly common, the S1000 does not appear to be so well known. The best information I could find was here on this forum where someone had posted a grainy picture of the back end of a B series tractor with the requisite sub frame. So, what did I do? I offered up the rotovator to the back of the tractor and measured up for a pair of support brackets. The idea being that the rotovator balances and rotates about the end of the bracket as the lift arms raise and lower the body of the implement. The small holes just back from the end of the arms is for a retaining pin that prevents the rotovator from slipping off the bracket.

I have fabricated this pair of brackets a couple of days ago at work but as I work at sea I will have to wait another week until I go home to see if they actually work. They are made from 6mm mild steel and are chunky to say the least. The work involved in manufacturing these was much less than the other way (total fabrication time, around 4 hours) I have seen some people modify these machines, which is to weld arms onto their rotovators and making them hitch up via the 3 point linkage.

If there is anybody out there interested in seeing the brackets in more detail, I can put up more pictures and even provide measurements for fabricating your own brackets, bearing in mind that I use a B6200D. other tractors will have different axle casing set ups for bolt holes etc.

On this point as well, does anyone reading this have access to an S1000 manual as I still cannot find any literature on this implement at all?

All the best guys, enjoy!!

Iain

Attachments