Rtv 500

ptplumer

Equipment
BX23, RTV500, JD X500
Nov 19, 2012
Franklin Pa USA
Hey all! I searched for the RTV product and couldnt fint any threads. Anyone have one or current on them? I am trouble shooting Dads gas model, it has no power. Even in low range it wont climb hills, or even slopes as it should. It cuts out and dies. I am thinking either water in the fuel or fuel filter. I cant locate a Kubota Part number for hte filter, or find where it is for that matter. Can anyone help? I am trying to save the 60mile trip to trailer it to the dealer. Thanks.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
The parts page doesn't depict a fuel filter.:confused: If you really expect water drain the fuel tank into a clean container, treat it dry-gas. It is fuel injected so it may not be as simple as draining a float-bowl to get the system cleaned out.

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
I'll take a stab at your issue, consider it worth .02.

Yes, drain fuel and replace with good petrol. Inspect tank for crud and it would be a simple NAPA trip to add an inline gasoline filter.

You're fuel injected and I have no wisdom there. You also have an ignition system, plugs, and some form of electronic distributor. Check plugs? Check fire?

How many hours? If they are very high, certain systems and maintenance would be more suspect.

Any smoke?

Have you run some injector cleaner through it, after providing good gasoline from a clean tank? Is the fuel line clear?

If it has high hours, is the compression good?

You are dealing with fuel quality/delivery, fuel ignition, air delivery, compression, timing or an issue of the HST bogging down the engine?

Dog helps those that help themselves.

Best of luck!

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I'll take a stab at your issue, consider it worth .02.

Yes, drain fuel and replace with good petrol. Inspect tank for crud and it would be a simple NAPA trip to add an inline gasoline filter.

You're fuel injected and I have no wisdom there. You also have an ignition system, plugs, and some form of electronic distributor. Check plugs? Check fire?

How many hours? If they are very high, certain systems and maintenance would be more suspect.

Any smoke?

Have you run some injector cleaner through it, after providing good gasoline from a clean tank? Is the fuel line clear?

If it has high hours, is the compression good?

You are dealing with fuel quality/delivery, fuel ignition, air delivery, compression, timing or an issue of the HST bogging down the engine?

Dog helps those that help themselves.

Best of luck!
Oh come on, how is adding an aftermarket inline fuel filter going to help when this unit has an in the tank fuel filter???
Also, who is "Dog"?

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
EASY THERE WHITEKITTY! We are all friends here. Guess that blue tractor must be seeping into your head. The RTV500 uses an electronic fuel injection system so if there is a problem it SHOULD flash a code out. If you think it is a fuel issue, drain it out, get rid of it, start with some premium grade gas. You could try a plug. Could also be an HST issue. If in neutral and you go to full acceleration, does it bog then?

s9496

Jan 8, 2013
River Falls, WI
Does your fuel pump run when you first turn on the key, if so, how long? I have the following issue.

Has anyone had an issue with the fuel pump or fuel system? My RTV500 is about 1 1/2 years old. When I bought it new the fuel pump would run for 2-3 seconds when the key was turned on, as the months went by this time increased to, now about 25 seconds. If I would turn it off and turn the key back on again right away it would run for 1-2 seconds, but now as time goes on it needs to run 10-12 seconds even when it is off for only a second or two. The fuel pump has been replaced under warranty but we are still stumped. I'm thinking there has to be an air leak some where to allow fuel pressure to fall. Any Ideas? The machine has good power and runs well after a few minutes ( I'm thinking air in the line when it first starts)

Two Guns

Jan 6, 2013
Swamps of Louisiana
I know it's gas. And the gas engines will not "soot" like a diesel.
BUT, we know what happens to the diesel Kubota RTV's when the
spark arrestor is clogged. Might be something, might not be.
Just trying to cover everything.
All folks I know is removing the spark arrestors on their machines, unless
they are planning on running on government ground ....

....... two guns

Attachments

CountryMechanic

Aug 5, 2013
Near Marion NC
Hey all! I searched for the RTV product and couldnt fint any threads. Anyone have one or current on them? I am trouble shooting Dads gas model, it has no power. Even in low range it wont climb hills, or even slopes as it should. It cuts out and dies. I am thinking either water in the fuel or fuel filter. I cant locate a Kubota Part number for hte filter, or find where it is for that matter. Can anyone help? I am trying to save the 60mile trip to trailer it to the dealer. Thanks.
I think I may know whats wrong. Liquid fuel somehow gets into the charcoal vapor canister and once saturated it back washes into the fuel tank. This can be verified by pulling the pump assembly out and inspecting the pick-up sock or screen. When wet you will notice as you press it together it looks black instead of white. Take an ohm meter and check the two leads. 1 ohm or less ok. More not ok. You will have to replace the pump assembly. Not cheap. As for the fuel filter, put it in the vapor line so no more dissolved charcoal can get back into the tank. You can replace the canister but $$$.
Hope this helps.